SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 23-05-06, 10:20 AM   #1
DanDare

Default How much Pain????

Apart from those unfortunate enough to fall from their bike, just how much much pain can you take? Or more to the point whats the most painful thing you've experienced???

( Does not include child birth or marriage )

I can think of 2 instances:

1. On a Paintball game I rushed to the enemies fort to capture the flag and all that.
As I jumped across a fallen tree I stood across a small trench. Legs wide open there just happened to be 3 mates crouched in the trench. My mate following just saw three barrels pop out and unload straight into my crown jewels.
The next 10 minutes involved me screaming like a little girl and being sick. Apparently the whole game was cancelled due to my agony.
It took me a week to recover to full potential and I walked like John Wayne for another.

2. Falling on an electric fence during a drunken Summers night party.
It was the one that sends a pulse through it every other second so everytime I tried to get up it sent my muscles into complete spasm, thus falling back into the fence again.
Old 23-05-06, 10:24 AM   #2
sharriso74

When I ruptured my anterior cruciate that hurt but not as much as after the op.

Also when I had a blow out fracture to my lower orbital meaning I had to have a plastic plate put in my face the eye sunk right down then after the plate was put in it shot back up again.

And collapsed lungs aren't too much fun.

But the most pain I've ever felt was paying for my wedding last year !!!
Old 23-05-06, 10:36 AM   #3
Marshall

I broke my colar bone while on my MTB and had to ride home which wasnt too pleasent.

But the most painful thing ive experienced is Kidney Stones MY GOD!!! i thought i was dieing, ive heard its like the equivalent of male childbirth.

i would never wish anybody to go throught that!!
Old 23-05-06, 10:40 AM   #4
rictus01
Mega Poster

don't start me off on that subject
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride!
rictus01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-06, 10:40 AM   #5
cuffy

4 broken ribs playing rugby got smashed by some prop...couldnt fart,breathe,sneeze or $h1t for weeks.

Double hernia op...not keyhole surgery either couldnt fart,breathe,sneeze or $h1t for weeks.
Old 23-05-06, 10:47 AM   #6
BabyJ

Sorry... can't say I have experienced "pain" seeing as Childbirth doesn't count.

That was mildly uncomfortable but then I did have pain relief so I guess it wasn't soooooo bad

No breaks, falls, scalds, painball incidents (Ouch! that made me cringe!), fights, scrapes, falling out of trees or body malfunctions... to date.

Sorry

Old 23-05-06, 10:54 AM   #7
Swiss

In growing toenail remove while in Korea. It would seem they don't like to numb things out there. Almost passed out cos of the pain. Never ever again I tell ya
Old 23-05-06, 11:03 AM   #8
Peter Henry

Hmmm such fond memories!

Shattered cheekbone,(eye socket does not fully align now!) in 5th minute of a rugby league game. After a sponge down on touchline for a couple of minutes back on to complete match. Which as my head began to swell like a potato was not too wise! Due to baby sitting duites I was only able to go to casualty at 11.30 p.m. the opthomogist( eye doc!) could not believe that my ( 8 ball right eye had been in that state for about 8 hours!

A opponent who later became a team mate told me that later in that game I hit him with the hardest tackle he ever felt!

Torn knee cruciates...ooh that did hurt!

Pulled hamstring in pre season training when at full belt! Felt like a hot knife had been pushed in to the back of my thigh, immedaite collapse to the ground, that stung a tadge!

Sore shoulder half way through another match, true damage only discovered later! Ruptured left bicep which also had a massive dent in it! Was black and swollen next day from neck to elbow! I had caught a guy's knee with my arm when he was heading straight for me when I tackled him.

Bruised kidneys from some twot dropping on me with his knees as I had fallen to recover a loose ball.

Dislocated finger? Pulled back in place and off you go again son!

Nose smashed 3 times, not the worst pain but you just try and stop your eyes watering and the plasma running!

Apart from the above I have had numerous knocks and bangs but on the whole I have been rather lucky I think. :P
Old 23-05-06, 11:07 AM   #9
Grinch

My son grab's my nipple hair and pulls it out, sometime I flinch if caught off guard. But normaly I don't.
But if I stub my toe I'll get on my knees and eat carpet.
Oh and when I was a young man and had a swab done in a private area, I didn't make a sound. Even though they make it bleed, and they did it twice.
Old 23-05-06, 11:07 AM   #10
northwind
Mega Poster

I've got a pretty high tolerance of pain... luckily for me Probably the most painful thing I've ever experienced was when I partially dislocated my foot then stepped on it, that worked out about as well as you'd imagine.

But when I fractured my hip, I got assessed wrongly by the triage team because I awsn't complaining enough for it to be a break... I couldn't walk, but I could stand, get up and down, and I hadn't had any painkillers. They were quite shocked when 8 hours later, it turned out to be broken! Got a lift to the hospital instead of an ambulance too, it just seemed teh right thing to do

Funnily enough, I'm bad with discomfort... It erally gets under my skin. Something trivial like a bad graze or an itch is worse than a broken bone or the damaged ligaments were. Not in terms of debilitation, obviously, just in how badly it bothers me.
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote