SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

View Poll Results: do you think that scooter riders (Young ones!!!!) are a reckless and without thought of other road u
Yes 29 90.63%
No 3 9.38%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 31-07-03, 08:20 PM   #11
aircooled biker

skeck, press the img button once, paste in the address URL and the press the img button again mate.
Old 31-07-03, 08:30 PM   #12
skeck

cheers aircooled biker
Old 01-08-03, 08:23 AM   #13
Sid Squid
No, I don't lend tools.
Mega Poster

It is of course unfair to label all scooter riders as idiots who shouldn't be allowed on the road, but think about it , it is in our own interests to curb the poorer behaviour of those on two wheels because Mr & Mrs average see's no difference between scooters and motorcycles, to them we are all irresponsible biker thugs. The damage that some riders do to biking in general, will remain when they have got bored with the fashion that is scooters presently, and buy cars when they can afford it. We wouldn't be having this discussion if there weren't a greater than average amount of stupidity demonstrated by young men (cos it is them) on scooters.

Sid
Sid Squid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-03, 10:48 AM   #14
Luckypants
Mega Poster

And what abput the middle aged ****s on R1 / Blade / GSX-R etc that ride like complete knobs, but only on sundays? I think everyone that wears a one-piece leathers and rides a sports bike should be banned, sent to prison and have thier botty smacked!!

Do I sound like any bike-hating Chief ****stables you might of heard of??? Then perhaps you realise how un-reasonable this all sounds.

Do the bad scooter riders for bad driving, same as any other bad driver. Don't tar them all with the same brush, it makes us no better than the prejudiced idiots we have to contend with.
Snow Plough Appreciation Society - Member #3

Luckypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-03, 04:37 PM   #15
Moo

The young scooter riders seam to always want to rip past everything else on the road.
One of my favorite examples is on a sweeping bend near my house which I was taking with caution due to the amazing amout of hazards on the apex of the bend i.e. three manhole covers a couple of large pot holes plus cars parked on the other side of the road. While taking this bend with all the hazards in front of you the last thing you need is a scooter trying to take you on the inside then outside.
Unfortunatly these scooter riders are included in some poeples views as bikers. Any suggestions what category to put them in.
Old 01-08-03, 05:43 PM   #16
jonboy

The same category as cyclists!

Was next to a scooter at a set of lights tonight and he was carrying a pillion. On the graphics of the scooter it read "no fear" and as I saw they both had T-shirts on and no gloves I thought no sense either!