SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 23-08-08, 06:36 PM   #1
dirtsk8

Default Which bike tomorrow?

I haven't been out on either my mountainbike or my SV for a while and I have a whole day pass for tomorrow!

I can't make up my mind whether to stick in 60 - 100 km on my local trails in an epic all dayer or take the SV on the 120mile round trip to see my cousin in Fife.

What do you think?
Old 23-08-08, 06:46 PM   #2
malks

Default Re: Which bike tomorrow?

hmmm tough call. I've got the same dilemma, just got a new pedal bike but was also on a track night on friday so still buzzing to use either.

could you not get up daly doors have a morning on the mountain bike then a relaxing ride into the evening??
Old 23-08-08, 06:58 PM   #3
Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by malks View Post
hmmm tough call. I've got the same dilemma, just got a new pedal bike but was also on a track night on friday so still buzzing to use either.

could you not get up daly doors have a morning on the mountain bike then a relaxing ride into the evening??
Yes as you have an all dayer then why not do both??
Old 23-08-08, 07:32 PM   #4
dirtsk8

Yes, I think a small compromise may be the correct measure.

Traquair black/minch moor/Selkirk 3 brethren to Melrose, then a blast up the A7 to Edinburgh and over to Dalgetty Bay.

Best of both worlds - sorted.
Old 23-08-08, 07:51 PM   #5
Tiger 55

Ride to your cousin's place, get ****ed, thrash back to work early doors Monday.

Family innit.
Old 23-08-08, 07:56 PM   #6
Tim in Belgium

Rinse the SV getting to your cousin for an early morning bacon buttie, rinse it back again, have a bowl of porridge then head out on the mountain bike.

Sorted.
Old 24-08-08, 09:26 AM   #7
dirtsk8

Typical.

It's now nearly half past ten, my 4 year old is totally playing up, my wife's already doing the heavy-sighing thing that wifes do and asking, "What time will you be back?"

And the skies are black in every direction.

Still, I'm sitting here in my leathers, typing this optimistically. I'm going to go out on the SV first, probably south and see what happens.

The best laid plans and all that..
Old 24-08-08, 09:29 AM   #8
Foxy

Well go out now on your SV, when you get back see if the sighs have subsided and then decide what to do next
Old 24-08-08, 02:31 PM   #9
dirtsk8

We went to the seaside. I'm glad I did as I realised this was our first proper trip together as pure recreation. All the other little jumps since I got her have been commuting or picking stuff up or simply round the block. Today we just did it for fun. 100 miles on familiar roads. We thrashed some, cruised some, thrashed some more, hit a couple of redline-bending false neutrals then stopped for lunch by the sea (see photos thread).

We cruised home all pleased with ourselves because it felt like we'd rediscovered something. That something happened to be the very reason I'm into bikes.