SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 24-08-08, 11:58 AM   #11
Ed

Default Re: Hi folks..

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil24_7 View Post
Some form of controlled fighting can help you rid yourself of some aggression
I think you need therapy, not more fighting. You were provoked, undoubtedly. But you could have blinded the bloke when you wrapped a bottle round his head. You were lucky that the CPS dropped charges, cos GBH with intent usally carries an immediate prison sentence.
Old 24-08-08, 01:10 PM   #12
phil24_7
Mega Poster

The guy he hit dropped the charges cuz he realised his mistake at starting the fight Ed.

Was mearely saying that some people find it hard to not fight for whatever reason but finding a way to control it or get it out of your system another way is usually best. At the very least he'll be able to have a fight without it getting messy with weapons being used but more than likely he'll have confidence that he could win the fight anyway, and therefore be better equipped to walk away from it without having to resort to a pi$$ing contest.

Either way, age helps you to calm down, just remember to dodge the law from now on (hit and run )!!!

I'm not here for a long time, I'm here for a good time!

Blue SV650 K3, GSX-R K5 front end, TL1000S clip-ons, lower fairings, seat cowl, gel seat, Pyramid undertray, R&G crash bungs, stainless steel bar ends, full titanium Akrapovic exhaust, Power Commander, clear rear light, flush mount front indys, mini rear indys, Autocom 300 duo intercom, Acumen cat 1 alarm and Micheline Pilot Power 2ct's.
phil24_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-08, 02:52 PM   #13
chakraist

Don't really know you so can't comment but fair play on the bottle IMO, you didn't start it. Sucks about the job but like you said employed again now so only upwards from you. When the ex and I broke up I had a similar time, getting ****faced passed any reasonable level, I was told I smacked some guys head against a wall once when drunk, that was probably the point that I started pulling things together again.
Old 24-08-08, 03:09 PM   #14
gettin2dizzy

Sorry to hear this mate. I don't know about the martial arts thing though. The last thing you need is to be ****ed AND confident you can take someone down!

I hope you find a route out of this mess, sometimes a step sideways is what you need to progress any further forward.
Rob.