SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

The Border Patrol Covering North Wales, Shropshire, Staffs, Merseyside and Cheshire for SV650.org members, past, present and future

Old 30-07-11, 11:45 AM   #1
Electro

Default AR friday ride up.

I`m setting off at 1pm to get up to the campsite. Anyone fancy joining me you are more than welcome, let me know, I`m leaving from the pyramid, J2 M60 and heading anti clockwise past Oldham etc.
Old 30-07-11, 02:42 PM   #2
slark01

Default Re: AR friday ride up.

Going solo, less chance of me crashing lol.

Ste.
Old 30-07-11, 03:01 PM   #3
Electro

If your leaving around the same time, ur welcome mate, will be a steady pace, no prizes for not getting there in one piece.
Old 30-07-11, 03:17 PM   #4
christopher

Will be making my own way up mate, see you there

And I'll be on the SV. Purchase of new bike fell through. Currently sat on a much delayed train from London Euston to Chester in my leathers feeling pretty ****ed off at the seller. Wasn't anything like described, a two year old bike with under 4000 miles and the overall condition was worse than my five year old with 19000 miles and road rash! It wasn't even cleaned, assume to hide how poor the bodywork was, grrr! Anyway I'm venting lol.

Sent using Tapatalk
Old 30-07-11, 03:22 PM   #5
Electro

That's not good!!! I hope you thanked him for the wasted time and money Chris. Not a good look, sat on a train in your leathers, especially in this weather!!
Old 30-07-11, 03:36 PM   #6
christopher

I did! The bloke had paid off £5.5k of finance with money borrowed from his boss 2 days ago. Was banking on me taking the bike to be able to pay him back. Only plus side is he is unable to pay it back until bike is sold from what I can gather. Serves him right for messing about and being dishonest.

Train is virtually empty as well so nobody to strike up a conversation with!

Sent using Tapatalk

Sent using Tapatalk
Old 30-07-11, 03:48 PM   #7
Electro

Karma strikes again haha. Boss not gonna be a happy bunny on Monday
Old 30-07-11, 07:00 PM   #8
christopher

Indeed he won't Bike was originally up at £6500, reduced to £6000 just by me saying it was more than I was prepared to pay. I then got it down to £5650 which if it was as described I'd have been happy with.

After seeing it and being shocked at the state of it in the flesh, I was blunt and said there's not a chance I'm buying it as it's nothing like described (didn't even get round to completing the HPI check with the VIN/V5 numbers due to condition).

He was then wondering what I would pay to take it away, he said would I do £5000 (this is less than the finance he'd just paid off). I almost curled over from laughing Not a chance!! I wouldn't have been happy at £4000. It was awful. He wasn't best pleased and sheepishly put it back in garage to rot away some more.

I took a gamble with it as he'd been a bit "odd" throughout the process and I hadn't got the best vibes off him. But I'm buying a bike, I don't care who the seller is or what they personally are like, assuming the bike has been looked after, is as described and checks out then I'll buy from anyone.

Ack. What a waste of a day, money, and also time of others (dad is driving to Copenhagen so detoured to other side of Ipswich (which is well out of the way of usual route to Folkstone, especially so as it meant going down the A14) to drop me off to collect the bike, then as it fell through ended up giving me a lift to Euston (only takes 2 hours on a direct train from Euston to Chester) before heading down to Folkstone for the Eurotunnel).

Anyone enough of hijacking your thread with my ranting

I'll likely be at the campsite for around 1.30/2.00pm on Friday. Pitch up, get supplies, start drinking, then stop early(ish) ready for the Saturday ride.

Have just seen Megs' thread as well, ****ing awful. Hope he can still make it! Could always borrow your XXXXL helmet
christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-11, 08:10 PM   #9
Electro

1st pain dish of the AR goes to Christopher
Old 01-08-11, 03:31 PM   #10
Luckypants
Mega Poster

Well due to not having internet at the moment and so unable to any meaningful work, I've given up my Friday afternoon off and will be riding up in the evening. I expect o be there about 9pm
Snow Plough Appreciation Society - Member #3

Luckypants is offline   Reply With Quote