SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 11-02-10, 08:43 PM   #11
G
Mega Poster

Default Re: Should have ridden to work today

I can't wait to start riding to work again. It taking me an hour and a half to get to work at the moment. We have also just closed an office in the city so have 60 spaces for 200 people so there's no parking.

At the moment it's just to cold and I'm not about to buy more new kit, I also can't turn up all ****ty either, so roll on warmer weather and I can get to work in 30 minutes again whilst having fun
G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-10, 09:18 PM   #12
Ed

But ya-ya, if you came off on the ice, then your ass would have hurt even more, and it would have cost you a darn sight more

On rideouts - you won't get left behind, there's always a marker, and usually plenty of stops to tell tales of derring-do. Come to Abersoch, end of March, it's a brilliant route even if I say so mysen. Anyway you probably ride faster than darylB. I mean, who could be slower than darylB

PS, hello Daryl, I'm at work tomorrow so you can give me a kicking before I head off to Scouseland
Old 12-02-10, 05:50 PM   #13
Fruity-ya-ya

Talking Re: Should have ridden to work today

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave20046 View Post
No one can get left behind on a rideout, we use a marking system and there's a designated rider picking up the rear of the group.
Thanks Dave20046, that's good to know. I'll see if I can blag someone to cover for me but the biggest blag is going to be the hard sell to the Mrs.
p.s. I'm sure there a covert joke about my batty in there somewhere (bringing up the rear) very clever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bri w View Post
Aren't dog bites a real pain in the....

Sorry, I just couldn't stop myself
Thanks Bri, I've had my next door neighbors barking at me so I'm certain you're off the hook.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed View Post
But ya-ya, if you came off on the ice, then your ass would have hurt even more, and it would have cost you a darn sight more

On rideouts - you won't get left behind, there's always a marker, and usually plenty of stops to tell tales of derring-do. Come to Abersoch, end of March, it's a brilliant route even if I say so mysen. Anyway you probably ride faster than darylB. I mean, who could be slower than darylB

PS, hello Daryl, I'm at work tomorrow so you can give me a kicking before I head off to Scouseland
Ed, true. The bite is preferable to busting up my bike. I think I'd cry if I even got a scratch (until she is a bit older). Thanks for the invite - sounds like a plan.

Good to know I'm welcome, I'll see what I can do but prob not be able to do the full weekend (getting giddy but I'll have to check with the lads Monday).

Last edited by Fruity-ya-ya; 12-02-10 at 05:51 PM.
Old 12-02-10, 05:57 PM   #14
Alpinestarhero

im not a fan of dogs.
Old 12-02-10, 05:59 PM   #15
jumjum_0214

What a bummer..... hope your ok
Old 12-02-10, 05:59 PM   #16
dizzyblonde
Da Cake Boss
Mega Poster

Not quite a 'should have ridden to work' but Peg went to Essex yesterday in the car to visit DT.
Spoke to him around 10am this morning and he said he'd be home mid afternoon. Got a phone call at 2.30 that the A1 was shut and he was stuck in a traffic jam somewhere. Spoke again at 3pm to say....the M1 was blocked off too! Apparently it had taken him 3 hrs to travel roughly 25 miles. Everywhere he went was gridlocked.

At around 4pm I sent him a message with places to try and get him home, as his last place was Nottingham area.
So I sent him..Matlock, Buxton, Glossop, Holmfirth, one of my favourite rides, that I've wanted to show him for ages. Shame he never took the bike as a) he'd have been home hours ago, and b) he'd have had a great run home the way I've sent him. even though the Holme Moss road is probably scary in the dark, but with the ZZRs stadium lights I doubt that would be an issue.

I'm still waiting for him to come home

Hovis 13.8.75-3.10.09 Reeder 20.7.88-21.3.12
dizzyblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-10, 06:01 PM   #17
Fruity-ya-ya

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumjum_0214 View Post
What a bummer..... hope your ok
Cheeky (get it?)

I'm fine.
Never heard as many dog related quips in my life.

Thanks.
Old 12-02-10, 06:06 PM   #18
Fruity-ya-ya

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyblonde View Post
Shame he never took the bike as a) he'd have been home hours ago, and b) he'd have had a great run home the way I've sent him. even though the Holme Moss road is probably scary in the dark, but with the ZZRs stadium lights I doubt that would be an issue.

I'm still waiting for him to come home
This is exactly what I meant by 'should have ridden...'.
The Sheffield Parkway was closed both ways this morning for a while (body found ) and my mate from Stocksbridge had his very own 'Should have ridden...' much in the same way as Peg got stuck. Adi would have filtered his way to the turn off (not closed) but instead sat for over 40 mins in stationary traffic full of angry commuters.
Someone at work was moaning about how people should be more considerate when ending their own life...I say, each to their own.

Hope they get home soon too.

Last edited by Fruity-ya-ya; 12-02-10 at 06:07 PM.
Old 12-02-10, 07:02 PM   #19
dizzyblonde
Da Cake Boss
Mega Poster

Well he went the way I told him, shame he never got to see any cool views and twisty roads from a bike point of view.

Only took him 8hrs to do 250 mile
And even on that route it was detoured all over the place

Its a conspiracy...to keep everyone in their own homes, and only going out on horseback on a Sunday

Hovis 13.8.75-3.10.09 Reeder 20.7.88-21.3.12
dizzyblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-10, 07:52 PM   #20
wyrdness

I'd have got owners details and contacted the police. As Embee points out, what if it bites a kid next time?