SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 22-05-07, 10:51 AM   #1
plowsie

Default I battered a Focus Driver

Last night overtook him in a 30 cos i could see he was smoking and on his mobile. So i overtook, look in my mirrors the pr1ck has turned full beams on and is right up my backside. I decide to have a little play. Get down to the bottom of the road at a junction no need to stop just keep going, still up my 4rse im in third slowly accelerating drop it a gear to get to the roundabout got a bit of a gap but still he's trying, i gun it round the rounabout getting my knee down () and get it upright quickly to accellerate hard (remember im on 33bhp), this straight road we're going on is around 1/4 of a mile long i've got up to 100 pretty quickly but can see him gaining due to my lagg in power. But by the time he is back on me its another roundabout that i love, small (not mini roundabout, there is kerbs and stuff in the middle) that u can still do 40 across on a bike as long as u get your angles correct. For a car its a little harder. This was where i lost him pretty much as I pulled in at the petrol station he drove past about 30 seconds later Shortlived, but in the curves i beat him Just up the road to where he was off to was the dual carriageway, I know he would've done me. But I felt the bigman as i had beat a biggerish car that should've been capable to beat me in most places. But it proves that a restrictor still isn't too bad a performer

1-0 to me against the cars

Suppose battered is a bit extreme lol

Last edited by plowsie; 22-05-07 at 10:56 AM.
Old 22-05-07, 10:58 AM   #2
Grinch

Default Re: I battered a Focus Driver

You child, never catch me doing that...

Normally I have got my titainium toe slider down on the first right hander and the sparks would have scared them away.
Old 22-05-07, 11:13 AM   #3
Baph

Before I write what's in my head, yes, I have done similar with both cars & bikes (and had similar done to me).

Please be careful doing stuff like this. A car behind me with full beam lights on shortly after being on the phone would ring alarm bells. Mr Focus keeps up that behaviour and his window would be introduced to my glove. If he hadn't got out of the car that is.

Nowadays, I generally pull over. If they want to have an argument, fine. I take the risk they have a knife/gun and they accept the fact I'm wearing armour just by getting out of the car in my book.

The police take a dim view of racing on public roads, and besides that, lets say Mr Focus was right up your rear coming up to a roundabout, and you found a patch of oil/desiel. You go down, does he have time to stop or swerve?
Old 22-05-07, 11:16 AM   #4
plowsie

Wow! Baph u r Yoda
Old 22-05-07, 11:18 AM   #5
Baph

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowsie View Post
Wow! Baph u r Yoda
Just killing time whilst watching a build log scrolling by (I assume you mean I magically pop up all over the org?). I'm currently deleting around 15,000 files from my machine, then going to put them all back again. Wohoo!
Old 22-05-07, 11:21 AM   #6
MiniMatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baph View Post
Just killing time whilst watching a build log scrolling by (I assume you mean I magically pop up all over the org?). I'm currently deleting around 15,000 files from my machine, then going to put them all back again. Wohoo!
By which he means he has a batch file running that continuously cycles "dir /s" so whenever his boss wanders over he can say "I'm waiting for the build process to finish" Top tip - change the DOS font colour to green - makes them think it looks all matrix-like and you must be doing something really complicated
Old 22-05-07, 11:27 AM   #7
Baph

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniMatt View Post
By which he means he has a batch file running that continuously cycles "dir /s" so whenever his boss wanders over he can say "I'm waiting for the build process to finish" Top tip - change the DOS font colour to green - makes them think it looks all matrix-like and you must be doing something really complicated
Nah, I'm using Eclipse to build Java using Ant.

But yea, I have the browser window on 2/3 of the screen and the build output in the bottom 1/3. Countless times my boss, or a director, or even the chairman have seen my screen & commented that IT resources shouldn't be used for personal reasons (eg, the org, email, maps) whilst in office hours. My response "Yea, just waiting for a build, nothing else I can do, or would you prefer that I fall asleep at my desk waiting?" (Always goes down well with the chairman that one )
Old 22-05-07, 12:12 PM   #8
Toypop

The real trouble occurs if Mr Focus loses control and stacks it into another car or pedestrian and someone gets hurt. You can go to jail for that.

The problem is that these cagers really go mental in those situations and lose all sense of reality. It is as though their ego means more to them than their life or the lives of others. So they will lose their sense and take the most unbelievable risks. Knowing which ones to smoke and which ones to let go is quite difficult.
Old 22-05-07, 12:13 PM   #9
redlavachips

if this was me i would of slowed right down if he was up my @55 like to 20- 30 mph and if he tries to ova take u speed up :P ( never take my advice tho )
Old 22-05-07, 12:16 PM   #10
Warthog

tbh, it's just too dangerous to **** of cage drivers, there are some that will get so angry as to actually touch you then it's game over.