SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 19-10-07, 11:11 AM   #1
timwilky
Mega Poster

Default Wage slaves, what T&A do your employer use?

I am currently looking to install a new Time and Attendance system on a couple of my sites. Short of hitting the internet getting a list of a thousand suppliers and sorting wheat from chaff. The easy route is to ask what are people using.

So come on you wage slaves, can you please let me know . What do your employer use to track your time. Is it any good. is it reliable. what are the problems you have.
Old 19-10-07, 11:17 AM   #2
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Default Re: Wage slaves, what T&A do your employer use?

We use an application called SmartPeopleTime or UniversalPeopleTime its rubbish, its stable, but its so inflexiable it doesnt cope with our shift patterns, Its supposed to link in with our HR system but it doesnt properly and that side of it crashed alot.

In short I woudlnt buy it if we went back to market again to get a T & A package.

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-07, 11:21 AM   #3
petevtwin650

T&A?

In my fun filled past that used to stand for T*ts and Ar*e.

How times have changed.
Old 19-10-07, 01:48 PM   #4
timwilky
Mega Poster

Thanks Fizz, At least I know one to now avoid.

I have always thought clocking an arcane and demeaning practice. But for some reason my company has several hundred thousand allocated to install a new system across a few of our sites with the HR intention that all will clock.

So I need to find a system that will support multiple sites, mobile and static employees, multiple shift patterns, flexitime, comprehensive reporting, absence planning, work flows and notification, authorisation and delegation of authority, integration with shop floor data collection, etc.
Old 19-10-07, 02:36 PM   #5
kwak zzr

we use the very old fashion'd sign in sign out method, works tho and its flexible.
Old 19-10-07, 06:00 PM   #6
tomjones2

Thing we use is so crap that it breaks if everyone doesn't clock out before the hour is up. Dont even know what its called, it sits on its own computer in the corner of the factory. Sorry doesn't really help does it.
Old 19-10-07, 07:59 PM   #7
the_runt69

We dont do anything however our security passes log us in and out of the building so they know when we're in and out if the building so we can prove we're there.
Old 19-10-07, 08:13 PM   #8
Biker Biggles
Mega Poster

Still use the sign in/out but aiming to go electronic at some time.Can look forward to a top quality fiasco when that happens.
Old 19-10-07, 10:39 PM   #9
metalmonkey

We have a computer based system you log on and book your self on, or you boss does. But to be honest I have left work and left my self books for like 3 days.

To be honest don't why we have it, as we have paper based system thats get filled every day, and everything is done off that including overtime. Thats what people pay attention too.
Old 20-10-07, 03:34 AM   #10
MiniMatt

Looking to get something similar myself. We're looking for a calendar type functionality that can then report on engineers/project managers time utilisation, free time, etc, with a view to then running reports on a per customer level, finding free engineers with X or Y skill on a given day and the like. Oh, and hooking it all into time sheets, just to get an idea of how much time we really spend on given projects for given customers etc.

Anyway, very early stages but one I'm looking at is WallChart - www.wallchart.com - may be what you're looking for?