SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Ecosse For all the lads and lassies north of the border

Old 19-04-09, 10:35 PM   #1
Kate SV650

Default The Poacher....!

Thinking I might need to change my org name to The Poacher (only kidding!), as I keep poaching all the good ideas for runs off the Forum!
Stole Saoralba's plan to go to the Hungry Highlander (that was a gift shop the last time I was in Braemar). Had a brilliant run up there. The OH came as far Guildtown (he was on call and had to stay local) and I made my way up to Braemar, where luckily Saoralba, Stoneyginger and Triumph friend were. Had a wee run up to Tomintoul with Saoralba. I want to ride like that when I grow up....wait a minute....he's the teenager and I'm the auld yin. Good grief!
Then I stole an idea from Haggis - I actually went to Cannich this time. Sorry Haggis, but I prefer the road I was on the first time, it is like a roller-coaster ride and the ground keeps dropping away, but the Cannich route is very scenic. Preferred the bit Cannich-Drumnadrochit, than Beauly-Cannich.....but it was all good!
Came home via Spean Bridge/Dalwinnie. Then, as if my day can't get any better....I'm heading south from Broxden roundabout (Perth) and there were about 7/8 bikes in front of me....and they were all pulling wheelies like looney toons. Magic!! Hope you all had a good week-end!
Old 19-04-09, 10:41 PM   #2
Sally

Default Re: The Poacher....!

Its all good
As long as had a good day, enjoyed the company, even though I couldn't decide where to stop..
Hope you get that leak fixxed
Have you got a copy of that photo you took, if you do, can you PM me a link?

Cheers, David.
Old 20-04-09, 12:02 AM   #3
Stoneyginger

nice to meet both of you today saw heaps of Sv's on my way back over to banchory probably not on the board though . Was a good day even though we started on some roads i really didn't know until we got to the cairn amount . Have to catch up again sometime then again for the big run your planning Dave
Old 20-04-09, 12:10 AM   #4
Jillyburd

BWR's St Mary's Loch.... ? OOH but you get around girl! You are always on the go! Wish I had your time and energy.

Hope you'll join us when we go. XX

Last edited by Jillyburd; 20-04-09 at 12:19 AM.
Old 20-04-09, 06:51 AM   #5
Tiger 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by saoralba View Post
Have you got a copy of that photo you took?
Hmm, that's the second time Saoralba's asked about this photo, obviously very keen to get hold if it.

Better post it up here I think!

(If it's U rated of course...)
Old 20-04-09, 09:56 PM   #6
Kate SV650

One picture of the pit-stop at Tomintoul!
Old 20-04-09, 10:06 PM   #7
Sally

First picture of me and the bike

Aprt from being a sh!te photo as per, its still my first
Old 20-04-09, 10:09 PM   #8
Kate SV650

Quote:
Originally Posted by saoralba View Post
Hope you get that leak fixxed
Well, the seepage turned out not to be coming from the plastic metal repair, but from the oil filter which wasn't replaced correctly.....that's it, my OH is sacked!!LOL He Dremeled(?) the old repair off and then had to do a new one anyway. Fingers crossed, that's it now!
Old 20-04-09, 10:16 PM   #9
Kate SV650

Haggis (apologies for the poor quality of the photo, btw, the sun was quite low....and I'm carp!), have you ever stayed at the Camp site at Cannich? Looked all very picturesque. Loved the sheep wandering about the streets, some on the raised flowerbeds!
Old 20-04-09, 10:28 PM   #10
Kate SV650

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillyburd View Post
BWR's St Mary's Loch.... ? OOH but you get around girl! You are always on the go! Wish I had your time and energy.

Hope you'll join us when we go. XX
That's the 2/3 of May? Got two rallies that week-end! Double booked! Doh! Luckily, one of them runs on to the Monday, so going to the second one on the Sunday! Otherwise, I would have loved to have come!