SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 31-12-19, 09:37 PM   #1
Thaleshwar

Default Can I use YT12B-BS instead of YTX12-BS

Hi, I know batteries has been frequently discussed here; still I request an advice can I use Yuasa YT12B-BS instead of YTX12-BS currently in my SV650S K6; I am happy with dimension difference, that is YT12B-BS is slightly thinner than YTX12-BS, I am incline to use YT12B-BS because of its higher CCA 210 instead of YTX12-BS ‘s CCA 180 - will there be any problems in electrical system due to higher rating? Will appreciate technical advice- Thank you.
Thaleshwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-19, 11:00 PM   #2
Chris_SVS

Default Re: Can I use YT12B-BS instead of YTX12-BS

It'll be grand
Chris_SVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-20, 10:00 AM   #3
redtrummy

If there is no problem fitting it , (or if there is) let us know please - always looking for a good CCA
redtrummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-20, 02:19 PM   #4
R1ffR4ff
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thaleshwar View Post
Hi, I know batteries has been frequently discussed here; still I request an advice can I use Yuasa YT12B-BS instead of YTX12-BS currently in my SV650S K6; I am happy with dimension difference, that is YT12B-BS is slightly thinner than YTX12-BS, I am incline to use YT12B-BS because of its higher CCA 210 instead of YTX12-BS ‘s CCA 180 - will there be any problems in electrical system due to higher rating? Will appreciate technical advice- Thank you.
You will be fine
Old 01-01-20, 05:53 PM   #5
Thaleshwar

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1ffR4ff View Post
You will be fine
Many thanks 😊
Old 01-01-20, 05:54 PM   #6
Thaleshwar

Quote:
Originally Posted by redtrummy View Post
If there is no problem fitting it , (or if there is) let us know please - always looking for a good CCA
Thanks will surely post my experience, Thanks
Old 01-01-20, 05:55 PM   #7
Thaleshwar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_SVS View Post
It'll be grand
Thank you 😊
Old 14-01-20, 11:11 AM   #8
Thaleshwar

Quote:
Thanks will surely post my experience, Thanks
Well, I did finally fit, YT12B-BS into my SV650S K6, hight is exactly the same as YTX12-BS so absolutely no problem, but depth is 13mm smaller and battery rest on 2 parallel lengths with the gap in between, upon a soft silicone perforated tray - This made me disappointed and is my concern! Battery may move or vibrate more than normal; I have slightly tighten with thermocol packing on side, and trusting that tool kit underneath will give some sort of support from below the battery.

Performance wise cannot comment as the it’s fresh new battery; will know after riding in different times

And one more thing I like to share I was fearful of triggering my Acumen CAT1 alarm (makers no more in business) when disconnecting and removing my old battery to put new one, but nothing happened alarm did not make any noise, don’t know why ��

Last edited by Thaleshwar; 14-01-20 at 11:13 AM.
Old 14-01-20, 11:32 AM   #9
R1ffR4ff
Mega Poster

Quote:
Well, I did finally fit, YT12B-BS into my SV650S K6, hight is exactly the same as YTX12-BS so absolutely no problem, but depth is 13mm smaller and battery rest on 2 parallel lengths with the gap in between, upon a soft silicone perforated tray - This made me disappointed and is my concern! Battery may move or vibrate more than normal; I have slightly tighten with thermocol packing on side, and trusting that tool kit underneath will give some sort of support from below the battery.

Performance wise cannot comment as the it’s fresh new battery; will know after riding in different times

And one more thing I like to share I was fearful of triggering my Acumen CAT1 alarm (makers no more in business) when disconnecting and removing my old battery to put new one, but nothing happened alarm did not make any noise, don’t know why ��
Can you pack it with a bit of old foam rubber or similar?
Old 14-01-20, 11:52 AM   #10
Thaleshwar

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1ffR4ff View Post
Can you pack it with a bit of old foam rubber or similar?
Problem is the base, as battery rest on there are 2 parallel edges length wise, so if we place batter to the back front hangs out, if we put the battery front back hangs out. If we put any plate at the bottom to cover the gap height is likely to increase, at the moment I am only counting on tool kit right underneath should give enough support - next time I find time to remove the battery to put ‘fine’ metal plate underneath