SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 07-04-08, 10:45 AM   #1
John 675

Question Breaking up..

Last night my ex girlfriend decided that she didnt want to be with me anymore, she though it best that we went our seperate ways as she didnt know what she wanted... its probably for the best.. and its not like i didnt see it coming around eventualy.. we tried to make it work so many times but i cant say that she put any effort in to making it work.
luckily we dont have a house or pets or massive financial comitments.. but we still have over 2 years of history.. and that hurts.
dont get me wrong im not blubbering or crying over it.. i just dont really know what to do with myself in order to move on.. i have my bike and thats cool, my friends and my no-sex box 360 and all that.. but i will be coming home to no one.. not calling her on my breaks at work.. im a little lost so to speak and slightly numb.. i guess its one of those time things that makes you feel okay.. there are plenty of other people in the world i suppose
Cant help but feel a little low though. if you know what i mean..
Old 07-04-08, 10:47 AM   #2
Quiff Wichard
Mega Poster

Default Re: Breaking up..

sympathise greatly

empathise really ..

just lost 12 years of my life and a wonderful lady.. but it for the best all round

and I dont mind admitting I have cried buckets over it.

times a healer cliche bla bla bla.

dont know what to say- except this is a time when you know that your family will be there and you deffo find out who your riends are..

all the best buddy - it gets better..
Old 07-04-08, 10:49 AM   #3
Flamin_Squirrel

Old 07-04-08, 10:54 AM   #4
Devil Biccy

I echo exactly what quiff said about time and healing have listened to a few friends who have been in shorter and longer relationships than you ( that have ended) and it all does work out eventually. Don't loose sight of the two years, the good times and the bad! who knows sometime down the road maybe friendship can develop if you have split on good grounds
Old 07-04-08, 10:54 AM   #5
Alpinestarhero

Hey man, don't sweat it. You got every right to feel crap; nothing unmanly about having a blubber.

As long as you remember the .org will prop you up better than any bar stool

Matt
Old 07-04-08, 10:56 AM   #6
beaniebikerbabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylej View Post
Last night my ex girlfriend decided that she didnt want to be with me anymore, she though it best that we went our seperate ways as she didnt know what she wanted... its probably for the best.. and its not like i didnt see it coming around eventualy.. we tried to make it work so many times but i cant say that she put any effort in to making it work.
luckily we dont have a house or pets or massive financial comitments.. but we still have over 2 years of history.. and that hurts.
dont get me wrong im not blubbering or crying over it.. i just dont really know what to do with myself in order to move on.. i have my bike and thats cool, my friends and my no-sex box 360 and all that.. but i will be coming home to no one.. not calling her on my breaks at work.. im a little lost so to speak and slightly numb.. i guess its one of those time things that makes you feel okay.. there are plenty of other people in the world i suppose
Cant help but feel a little low though. if you know what i mean..
understand where yr coming from, painful, we thinking of u m8 x
Old 07-04-08, 10:57 AM   #7
G
Mega Poster

Gutted for you chap. I have been with my girlfriend nearly 8 years and dont know how I would feel if it all ended now.

I would probably become a reclouse and go on loan bike rides and play my 360 non stop.

I would however be single and very rich lol
G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-08, 10:59 AM   #8
sv182

Hey Dude

I too have recently been in a similar situation. Three years, looking at getting a place, holiday to Turkey on the horizon and then it was over!

Yeah I admit that I were quite unset for a few days, but now just over a week later I am moving on.

My family and work collegues have been awesome to be honest.

My point is, that it just takes a little time thats all. For some it is longer then other and in my case, I guess it was bearly longer then a shower lol

Chin up chap If you wanna PM me then feel free to as I know what you are gonig through.
Old 07-04-08, 11:00 AM   #9
John 675

it really seems that way lol, the .org seems to have a lot of support when things like this happen.. and thats cool, but i just want to not hurt lol,
Old 07-04-08, 11:03 AM   #10
sv182

Quote:
but i just want to not hurt lol,
Try looking at it this way, the reason it hurts is because she meant that much to you. Makes you human, makes you a man In time, the pain goes, I promise. Just got to get through it and it gets better.

I am in to a new chapter in my life I think. I'm now past the break up of my first serious and meaningful relationship. There were problems at both sides and I know that I am wiser for it all as well.