SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 07-06-08, 10:22 AM   #1
rowdy

Default Curvy engine in a pointy

Hi can anyone out there with their infinite wisdom tell me if a curvy motor goes into a pointy and whether the fueling system is interchangable or am I going to be throwing money at it trying to make it work. The reason being my pointy engine biting the dust whilst overtaking a car (bit scary trying to pull back infront of said car) and when I tried starting the bike up again it sounded like snapped conrod or broken piston. Haven't had engine apart yet but I'm just looking at my options and curvy motors seem to be cheaper than pointy ones on ebay.
rowdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-08, 10:24 AM   #2
Sideshow#36

Default Re: Curvy engine in a pointy

I have a K3 Pointy engine, minus the front cylinder head. Make me a sensible offer and its yours, however I would advise picking it up as it will cost a fortune to post.
Old 07-06-08, 10:35 AM   #3
rowdy

cheers sideshow#36 . haven't got a pot to p*** in at the moment though but thanks for the offer deffinately keep that in mind though as I'm not a million miles away from Reading so collection wouldn't be that much of a problem but having said that I haven't had the engine apart yet the bloke from AA that came out said it might even be a dropped valve and the horrible noise was coming from the front cylinder so I really need to investigate further. incidentally it took the AA about 7 hours to get the bike back to my house which was all of 2 miles away!
rowdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-08, 03:59 PM   #4
northwind
Mega Poster

The fuelling system isn't interchangable but I think you ought to be able to transfer most of the relevant parts- carb boots, most of what's under the generator cover- easily enough. It'll physically fit for sure. Does the exhaust bolt up? Think so. They problem is usually the oil cooler but you'd be going the other way.

BTW, there'a a fair anount of scrap value in an SV motor, if you can be bothered to part it out. Assuming that it's not minced itself. If I was you I'd have the heads off asap, it's not difficult and it'll give you a better idea of what's what.
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote