SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Photos Place your images here. There's also a "U" rating so please respect this.

Old 26-06-13, 06:06 PM   #641
Sir Trev
Mega Poster

Default Re: Photo Comp - Chat Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brettus View Post
Although, technically humans are animals too.
Some people are more animal than human!
Old 26-06-13, 08:58 PM   #642
gruntygiggles
DaffyGingerBint
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berlin View Post
I hear ya! All this month the mother bear has been teaching her cub to fish for salmon in our creek! But do you think I could get them on camera? Only having a point and shoot, I've had quite a few close calls this month trying to get close enough to bears to get a good shot. You're supposed to walk round making noise, not sneaking up on them! One day left to get the shot...

Oh, and I've met 22 bears this month! B-)

This was a couple of years before the Bison shot. This Grizzly mum had the large cub you can kind of see and a smaller cub as well. I tried and tried to get a picture, but little one was having nine of it. In the end I had to use the bideo camera and there is some amazing footage of them playing alongside the RV...at one point, I had the camera and my head just peeking out of the window looking down on them and if I had put my arm out, I could have touched the mum...suffice to say, I didn't

I thought it was quite unusual for mum not to have sent the older cub away.

Best thing was, we only saw them because we were stuck in a bear jam in Yellowstone and everyone else was looking at a black bear on the other side of the road...me being me decided that after seeing that bear, I would look the other way and see if I could spot any weird insects or anything. Within moments of moving to that side of the RV, i saw them coming towards us

Shame I couldn't find the picture of the Tarantula crawling over my foot in AZ.
Old 01-07-13, 11:26 AM   #643
Brettus

Nice choice of topic BP, I was reading and thinking "this is way outside my comfort zone, I'm out" but then you point out it doesn't HAVE to have people in so I'll see what I can do,
was tempted to enter this:

Project 52 - 1 by Brettus - Brettnet.co.uk, on Flickr

as it is my archetypal idea of a traditional street, but I need to do something fresh.

Thinking cap is on
K6 SV650S Sport: GSXR 1000 front end, Penske shock, F.Fabbri DB clear screen, colour matched hugger, Corbin riders seat, Evotech tail tidy, Akrapovic full system, Twin 55w HID lights, Givi rack and..... the biggest top box known to man
Quote:
"Well I've met God and he had nothing to say to me"
Brettus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-13, 06:21 PM   #644
Specialone

G, is that Annecy? Ive got a similar pic lol
Old 02-07-13, 07:37 AM   #645
Brettus

Richie: this is obviously personal opinion but how about desaturating the background but leaving some colour in it, this should highlight the subject without making it look "detached" from the scene. I might be wrong when it is actually done, just a thought I had.
K6 SV650S Sport: GSXR 1000 front end, Penske shock, F.Fabbri DB clear screen, colour matched hugger, Corbin riders seat, Evotech tail tidy, Akrapovic full system, Twin 55w HID lights, Givi rack and..... the biggest top box known to man
Quote:
Old 02-07-13, 09:24 AM   #646
Richie
fantabulas
Mega Poster

desaturate the whole image apart from the guitar you mean, or blur the background?
Old 02-07-13, 10:36 AM   #647
Brettus

the background that you have removed all colour from, just undo that a little bit, so that there is still SOME colour in it but not as much as the guy and his guitar, just like you have now, I'd imagine its just a slider on the layer you've already applied?

I might be completely off on it but to me the difference between no colour and quite a vibrant guy is a little jarring, but maybe that is the charm of the image. I'm just speculating.
Quote:
Old 02-07-13, 10:43 AM   #648
Richie
fantabulas
Mega Poster

uk will do :0)
Old 02-07-13, 10:56 AM   #649
Richie
fantabulas
Mega Poster

Like this?

Old 02-07-13, 11:09 AM   #650
Brettus

Sort of, I was imagining the guy having as much saturation as your submission but the background being close to what you just posted but perhaps a smidgen more colour.

So from your original submission I assume you've kept the PSD file with the mask to desaturate? can you not just tone that back so it has 20-30% saturation rather than 0% or perhaps I've misunderstood how you've done it.
Quote: