SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Gloves Post your own reviews on Gloves here

Old 22-01-09, 06:55 PM   #1
dizzyblonde
Da Cake Boss
Mega Poster

Default 'Held' extreme gloves

I've heard that Held gloves are pretty good.
Thing is I also heard Halvarssons gloves were too. I've got two pairs, they are lovely, but the ones that claim to be waterproof are as waterproof as a sieve...and not good for winter either.
I'm looking for some winter gloves with added knuckles, my little fingers feel like they've been sawn off with a chainsaw, even with undergloves. So I found some Held gloves, that claim to be winter ones, with knuckles. They come with all the usual stuff .. thinsulate, hipora, blah blurb.....but will they be what they say, warm and dry,
I've a phobia of buying winter gloves as all the pairs I've ever got have been anything but.

So help please

Hovis 13.8.75-3.10.09 Reeder 20.7.88-21.3.12
dizzyblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-09, 07:38 PM   #2
Stu
Trinity
Mega Poster

Default Re: 'Held' extreme gloves

Gerbing heated gloves are warm & dry. Should be even better when I get wiring for them
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GERBINGS-HEATE...1%7C240%3A1318
Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-09, 09:22 PM   #3
embee
Mega Poster

I've been looking for an excuse to try some of these .

If they are what it says on the tin, they have to be a true bargain. Only in size 10 it seems. Could it be that they are really good gloves made by a straightforward no-nonsense glove manufacturer with no bling pretentions, or just tat?
Old 22-01-09, 09:46 PM   #4
dizzyblonde
Da Cake Boss
Mega Poster

This is the problem i have. I want some that do what they say they are going to do. I'm fed up of buying gloves that are disappointing. Don't get me wrong I have a favourite pair of halvarssons in the summer, shame i scraped the knuckles when i fell off, but they're wonderful. But they are summer gloves.
The other Halvarssons have all this dryway this,waterproof stuff, hypora that etc, but they don't keep the water out for what I payed for them. If I pay a good wedge this time I expect to get nice warm, dry hands, and good knuckle protection.
SO...does anyone know if 50 odd quid for a pair of 'Held' winter gloves is a good investment....i ain't partin with my cash til I get a recommendation.

oh and I'm sick of looking at all the gloves on ebay now...its confusing me!

Old 22-01-09, 09:48 PM   #5
zsv650

i have a pair of £30 spada's and they are a nifty set o winter glove's for me but a glove can only do so much you may need something that produce's heat to get much warmer.
Old 22-01-09, 11:29 PM   #6
Stu
Trinity
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by embee View Post

If they are what it says on the tin, they have to be a true bargain. Only in size 10 it seems. Could it be that they are really good gloves made by a straightforward no-nonsense glove manufacturer with no bling pretentions, or just tat?
looks good for £31.43 delivered, shame small out of stock. If genuinely used by the Met, that sounds good
Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-09, 09:17 AM   #7
grh1904

I have a pair of HELD which are really good, the only problem I have is that they are those 3 fingered contraptions.

The thumb goes into its own bit, but the index and middle finger go into one hole, while the ring finger and pinkey go into another, means when you wave you end up doing a Mr. Spock live long n prosper type wave.

I wear a pair of thermal running gloves under them.

Picked them up at Donnington a couple of years ago at a BSB meet. Was camping out in April and it was colder then a cold thing. We stopped at service station only 30 mins to the north of Donnington to fill up etc and when we came back out after our cuppa we had to clear the snow off the bikes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 23-01-09, 10:18 AM   #8
dizzyblonde
Da Cake Boss
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by embee View Post

They are surplus stock that were made for an order, that they ended up not wanting, so thats why they only have size 10. Shame really they looked pretty good

Old 23-01-09, 10:45 AM   #9
Dave20046
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyblonde View Post
I've heard that Held gloves are pretty good.
Thing is I also heard Halvarssons gloves were too. I've got two pairs, they are lovely, but the ones that claim to be waterproof are as waterproof as a sieve...and not good for winter either.
I'm looking for some winter gloves with added knuckles, my little fingers feel like they've been sawn off with a chainsaw, even with undergloves. So I found some Held gloves, that claim to be winter ones, with knuckles. They come with all the usual stuff .. thinsulate, hipora, blah blurb.....but will they be what they say, warm and dry,
I've a phobia of buying winter gloves as all the pairs I've ever got have been anything but.

So help please
I have some alpine stars winter gloves which are the warmest gloves I've ever owned + inner gloves and they kept my hands warm all the way down to nottingham on a freezing september day. In this whether though - heated inner gloves
Old 23-01-09, 10:48 AM   #10
Dave20046
Mega Poster

I know someone who has the bikeit motorcycle equivelant of these ( http://bikehacks.com/diy-for-cold-hands-moose-mits/ ) and he rides 10 miles to work everyday (in this cold!) in just those and thin cycling gloves!