SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

2010 Annual Rideout Discussions & info on the 2010 SV650.org's annual rideout

Old 16-06-10, 12:43 PM   #1
gruntygiggles
DaffyGingerBint
Mega Poster

Default Dogs at the AR

We're getting close to this now and so my thoughts are turning to details a little more.

If you are bringing dogs to the AR, I just wanted to pass on these requests from the hotel.

*All dogs must be supervised at all times.
*Dogs being walked outside of the camping field MUST be kept on a lead unless they are safely in the woods behind the hotel
*All dog mess MUST be cleared up and put in the bins provided.

And this is my adendum:-

Not everyone likes dogs, some people are scared of them and not all dogs are ok with other dogs, so please always keep a close eye on your dogs and don't let them run around unsupervised. Please don't let them just run up to people/other dogs without checking first.

The camping field is totally unsheltered, so the inside of tents/cars/vans and caravans will get extremely hot during the day time. Please make sure you make arrangements for someone to look after your dogs if you are doing the rideout as the last thing anyone wants is a dead dog due to heat.

There are woods to the rear of the hotel and we have been granted permission to use these all weekend. They are very shaded, so a perfect place to let dogs run in the heat of the day.

I will be taking a paddling pool to give the dogs somewhere to have a dunk and cool down if needed, all dogs are welcome to jump in and join the fun.

Lastly, as Dan and I are both doing the rideout and will be too busy on the Saturday night, I have booked our four dogs into a local kennel for the Saturday day and night in order than they will not be left alone and so we don't have to worry about them.

If anyone else wants to do this, let me know and I will PM you the kennel details. It's £8 per dog per night, which is not bad at all.

On a final note, I can say that at the two previous AR's that I have been to and taken our dogs to, we have had little to worry about as all the dog owners of the forum seem very sensible, responsible ones.

If you love dogs and want to come and say hello to any of them this year, just remember, not all dogs like people running up to them, check with the owners first and lets all have a fab weekend with our four legged friends.

Oh.....and anyone that wants to throw balls, sticks or toys for our lot again....feel free, they have never had that much exercise...lol

Last edited by gruntygiggles; 16-06-10 at 12:44 PM.
gruntygiggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-10, 01:23 PM   #2
diamond

Default Re: Dogs at the AR

My 2 will be there be prepeared to be licked to death.

And as a side note any food left unattended within 100m will be sniffed out and hoovered up before you can blink. Even food on it's way from plate to mouth has been known to vanish. I will try and control this, however, they seem to work as a team one distracts whilst the other steals. I can see meal times with them being locked in the car.
Old 16-06-10, 01:39 PM   #3
ophic
Mega Poster

My 2 will also be there. I would request though, that people don't approach Kaiser unless invited. As most will remember, he's the dopiest thing since wolves first walked the earth, but he can and does tend to flatten people in his way whilst running away from anything that spooks him. Often the mug holding the lead gets it the worst.

Things that can spook him are:
People reaching for him
People looking at him
Unexpected noises
Leaves blowing in the wind
Particularly offensive blades of grass
Nothing

But Graciepants should get her make-up on, he's coming for you
Old 16-06-10, 01:52 PM   #4
gruntygiggles
DaffyGingerBint
Mega Poster

haha....run Gracie......RUUUUUUUUUUUUN!

Just let common sense prevail people. As much as we take dogs in as part of the family...they're still dogs and have different needs, likes and dislikes, so treat them with respect
Old 16-06-10, 03:19 PM   #5
Messie
The Teacer
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ophic View Post
My 2 will also be there. I would request though, that people don't approach Kaiser unless invited. As most will remember, he's the dopiest thing since wolves first walked the earth, but he can and does tend to flatten people in his way whilst running away from anything that spooks him. Often the mug holding the lead gets it the worst.

Things that can spook him are:
People reaching for him
People looking at him
Unexpected noises
Leaves blowing in the wind
Particularly offensive blades of grass
Nothing

But Graciepants should get her make-up on, he's coming for you

Bless the huge monster dog! He'll have his little bodyguard with him though to fend off strangers.
Messie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-10, 04:02 PM   #6
widepants

can I take my "dog" into the woods for special time
widepants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-10, 12:31 PM   #7
metalhead19

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond View Post
I will try and control this, however, they seem to work as a team one distracts whilst the other steals. I can see meal times with them being locked in the car.
Thats no fun.....make people work for their food
Old 17-06-10, 12:37 PM   #8
gruntygiggles
DaffyGingerBint
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond View Post
My 2 will be there be prepeared to be licked to death.

And as a side note any food left unattended within 100m will be sniffed out and hoovered up before you can blink. Even food on it's way from plate to mouth has been known to vanish. I will try and control this, however, they seem to work as a team one distracts whilst the other steals. I can see meal times with them being locked in the car.
Yay...play time with the babies
Old 17-06-10, 01:32 PM   #9
diamond

GG-They aren't really babies any more, Jake is a bit of a bull dozer and over friendly, he's a bit of an attention seeker. I spose Tess is still a baby all shy and quiet around people, even people that don't like dogs love her.
They love camping tho so be prepared

MH19- It is funny to watch them work they have stealing down to a fine art, but i don't like cleaning what comes out the other end when they have been on a food raid and eaten all sorts of crap.
Old 17-06-10, 01:39 PM   #10
gruntygiggles
DaffyGingerBint
Mega Poster

Hahaha....the aftermath poo bags are not good!

Jake looks huge in the new pictures on Facebook. I'll say this though....if he needs reminding he's not the biggest dog in the world, Saffie can start him off and Kaiser can finish the job....he won't know what's hit him...lol

As for Tess....she'll always be a baby....she's just adorable.