SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum



SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 20-09-18, 06:02 PM   #31
GraemeC123
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 14
Default Re: Cutting out as pulling up to junctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim-Lock View Post
Unless as his sidestand switch has been bypassed as proven by pulling away with it down his clutch switch has also been bypassed....

simple test is will it start with lever out...
No it won't start with clutch out
GraemeC123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-18, 06:12 PM   #32
Grim-Lock
Member
 
Grim-Lock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Rainham, Essex
Posts: 123
Default Re: Cutting out as pulling up to junctions

37840-16g00
Part number for the switch
If you follow the switch cable up to the connector it may just no be plugged in and a bypass harness plugged in instead so check that first.
Grim-Lock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-18, 06:17 PM   #33
GraemeC123
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 14
Default Re: Cutting out as pulling up to junctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim-Lock View Post
37840-16g00
Part number for the switch
If you follow the switch cable up to the connector it may just no be plugged in and a bypass harness plugged in instead so check that first.
Yeah I already looked at that and cleaned the connector thanks for the PT no.
GraemeC123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-18, 09:25 PM   #34
mep
Member
 
mep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Torquay
Posts: 206
Default Re: Cutting out as pulling up to junctions

Have you checked the plugs yet?

My 99 Curvy had the same issue for quite some time and it's a bit annoying as it's intermittent. I gave it a good service in the spring and the one of the plugs was a a bit oily. New plugs and a few other jobs done and it's behaved.
mep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-18, 09:34 AM   #35
GraemeC123
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 14
Default Re: Cutting out as pulling up to junctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by mep View Post
Have you checked the plugs yet?

My 99 Curvy had the same issue for quite some time and it's a bit annoying as it's intermittent. I gave it a good service in the spring and the one of the plugs was a a bit oily. New plugs and a few other jobs done and it's behaved.
Yeah checked the plugs and they all looked good, colour was spot on and gaps were in spec. I was going to replace them but they are only about 1500 miles/ 10 months old as I replaced them at the beginning of the year.
GraemeC123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-18, 09:54 AM   #36
zsv650s
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 49
Default Re: Cutting out as pulling up to junctions

Where did you buy the plugs only saying as I had a rf900r that had issues turned out to be fake plugs.
zsv650s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-18, 10:32 AM   #37
Bibio
Member
Mega Poster
 
Bibio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Dreich Fife (its grey and miserable)
Posts: 11,001
Default Re: Cutting out as pulling up to junctions

i've had my share of brand new plugs being fubar. good thing about the twin sparks is that even if one plug fails it still has another to create a spark. bad news is that its difficult to tell if a plug has failed.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-18, 02:08 PM   #38
R1ffR4ff
Member
 
R1ffR4ff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: JAMOADR(1999 Naked Curvy)
Posts: 909
Default Re: Cutting out as pulling up to junctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibio View Post
i've had my share of brand new plugs being fubar. good thing about the twin sparks is that even if one plug fails it still has another to create a spark. bad news is that its difficult to tell if a plug has failed.
Ditto.I had a brand new Iridium fail on me.I don't believe in changing plugs at some predetermined number of miles or time.I change them when I know they are not 100%.I have a set of NGKs standards in an old Honda that have done well over 25,000 miles and still look good and give good MPG and power.

I suspect the Densos in my SV may have done 14k miles
__________________
"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."

Last edited by R1ffR4ff; 29-09-18 at 02:09 PM.
R1ffR4ff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-18, 03:22 PM   #39
GraemeC123
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 14
Default Re: Cutting out as pulling up to junctions

So did a bit more digging today. Decided to chase some looms and found a burnt out pin on the ignition loom in the green connector. Spliced a new wire and it seems to be working fine now after a quick ride for 30/40 miles without incident. So fingers crossed thats it sorted.
GraemeC123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-18, 07:31 PM   #40
R1ffR4ff
Member
 
R1ffR4ff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: JAMOADR(1999 Naked Curvy)
Posts: 909
Default Re: Cutting out as pulling up to junctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraemeC123 View Post
So did a bit more digging today. Decided to chase some looms and found a burnt out pin on the ignition loom in the green connector. Spliced a new wire and it seems to be working fine now after a quick ride for 30/40 miles without incident. So fingers crossed thats it sorted.
Nice one.As per previous posts I've been through and keep an eye on EVERY electrical connector/bulb holder on my SV and have cleaned and treated with ACF50
__________________
"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
R1ffR4ff is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pointy tick over cutting out/ cutting out in general Penry SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking 2 22-09-13 02:07 PM
Brakes pulling SUPERSTARDJ01 Bikes - Talk & Issues 11 15-09-09 12:45 PM
Want to use the cycle box at junctions legally? the_lone_wolf Bikes - Talk & Issues 5 14-08-08 06:13 PM
it's worth pulling it off sometime... Shooter SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking 0 01-01-05 08:24 PM
SV smashed by car pulling out SV Stu SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking 28 31-12-04 05:04 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® - Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.