SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 24-03-05, 12:30 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanSv
I was thinking of getting a tracker fitted to my bike, but I found mounting a Mohawk American Indian to the front of the bike, reduced acceleration and visability.
Helped front wheel traction thoughb but did unbalance the front aswell!
Old 24-03-05, 07:34 PM   #12
Stig

Moved to Biking Issues
Old 24-03-05, 08:06 PM   #13
Warren

there was an article in MCN a while ago, where a guy hired the SAS to get his bike back,

and they did.

but look at it this way, if you fit a tracker, and it gets stolen. half the time it will be joyriders, and you will be out of pocket when you get it back, and if its professional thieves, - what makes you think the police will actually go out and follow the signal ?

by the time they have pulled their finger out and got the bike back, the thieves would have found it, flogged all the parts on ebay and probably died of old age.

plus, some bike theives (from the rumours anyway) put a lead lining in the roofs of the van - so the tracker wont work anyway.
Old 24-03-05, 09:08 PM   #14
Warren

Quote:
Originally Posted by leesimons
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikageboy
there was an article in MCN a while ago, where a guy hired the SAS to get his bike back
It wasn't actually the SAS
k, it was a bodyguard outfit that recruits SAS veterans after they finnish in the service, with most sophisticated gadgets available.

pretty much - the SAS (minus the choppers and the guns)
Old 24-03-05, 09:20 PM   #15
OF.uk

I have a friend who's daughter was woken one morning by the phone ringing. It was thieving scum who'd just nicked her Mitsubishi and disabled the tracker and were calling her from her mobile!! The car was discovered burnt out 50 miles away. What no-one can understand is why go to the trouble of breaking into the car, disarming the tracker, stealing it and then burning it out? Most thefts of this type result in the vehicle either being broken or shipped abroad
Old 24-03-05, 09:42 PM   #16
Anonymous

The people who do that, need tieing to a tree, soaking in petrol - and then we can flick lit matches at them.