SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 27-08-09, 11:55 PM   #1
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

Default First Org Memories

Following from davepreston's thread a little while back about first posts and a PM chat i was having earlier i've been inspired to come up with this idea.

Remembe when you first joined up? I know for some of us its longer than others but thats kinda irrelevant. Well, what was the thing that you remember most that made you think the Org was better than other forums or gave you inspiration for you and your bike?

It could be someones helpfull attitude, somones amusing post(s) or even a great pic .... as it was for me .... And this was it http://forums.sv650.org/showpost.php...&postcount=139

I've posted a link to the thread to show its date. And the reason it meant so much to me was that it firstly made me jealous as hell as I'd not had my bike long by that point and secondly it inspired me to want to be him .... that fella on his bike ..... off on an adventure to nowhere particular and going just for the ride and the joy of being on nice roads without a care in the world for a while .... stopping when the mood was right for a nice pic.

So come on, now you know what i'm getting it, lets see yours and hear your reasons for it.

And guess what...i'm gonna ask we keep the chit chat to a minimum on this one and keep it firmly on topic please.
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-09, 01:04 AM   #2
davepreston

Default Re: First Org Memories

its YC's fault 2nd post i was going to the christmas do (2 actually) he never meet me or in fact spoke to me, offered me to stay at his with my mate, got me drunk, and then the next morning unbeknownest to me stripped and cleaned my brakes before i got out of bed and MYC making me brews
this was directly after meeting the other half of the massive in manchester for that xmas do, i wont mention names or what went on but i was instantly welcomed and filled full of booze
you know who you are richie, pete,tim, james, saxo, steve was that a hip flask i saw being passed round
and weirdly its only got better since
DAVE
Old 28-08-09, 01:11 AM   #3
redlavachips

on a cold tuesday afternoon in febuary , a boy had a dream. a dream of being harder, better, faster, stronger. so searched for a bike , abike that would make this dream and stumbled across a website. founded by friendly and strange beings, holding vasts amounts of knowlege. i asked the question of all questions for the might org to answer " ok i know it has been said before but what is the difference between a curvey and pointy and how can u tell the difference?"
the end
jack the musical , showing in a town near you soon.
Old 28-08-09, 01:39 AM   #4
lukemillar
Mega Poster

Somehow getting the mental picture from his posts that Northwind was a 40 year-old, 18+ stone, bearded Scottish man with a large collection of Star Wars toys... and then I met him

I also thought Spiderman was cool... then I meet him as well! Only kidding.
#24 - Honda VFR400R NC30
lukemillar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-09, 02:27 AM   #5
Kilted Ginger

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukemillar View Post
Somehow getting the mental picture from his posts that Northwind was a 40 year-old, 18+ stone, bearded Scottish man with a large collection of Star Wars toys... and then I met him

I also thought Spiderman was cool... then I meet him as well! Only kidding.
So it wasn't just me then, I'd pictured a Sam Elliot type

As for why i joined, I read for a long time, (a few months) before posting, everything i saw was friendly and helpful and genuinely welcoming. I think its still the same.
Old 28-08-09, 07:19 AM   #6
The Guru

I'll have been here 1 year on 30th Aug and owned my SV 1 year on 4th Sep. I found the bike then found the Org.

Was a good place to find useful info and the people seemed friendly.
Old 28-08-09, 07:29 AM   #7
Grinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
It could be someones helpfull attitude, somones amusing post(s) or even a great pic .... as it was for me .... And this was it http://forums.sv650.org/showpost.php...&postcount=139
Wow... Who is that dashing chap? I'll have to have good search later and figure out mine.
Old 28-08-09, 07:37 AM   #8
Amanda M

I've got some great org memories

First (and only) annual rideout I did was a cracking time. I met loads of wonderful people and led a group to the meeting place.

Some of the megathread people will remember a certain Yeovil trip I still laugh about that.

Having a bunch of org'ers at my wedding party to help the celebrations along

Still seeing a lovely bunch of people off here even though I haven't had an SV for years and years. You know who you are and I love you guys
Old 28-08-09, 08:03 AM   #9
Grinch

My first AR was in 2006 and it was glorious and sunny the whole time. I had a wonderful weekend.
Old 28-08-09, 08:15 AM   #10
Rai86

I bort a SV and then thought i'd better get some advice on how to look after it. So googled SV and the org came up. Seemed like lots of friendly people and loads of knowledge so joined

LOL and the first person i spoke to was Neio.....lol its a wonder im still here!

Altho my best memory (altho it wasnt long ago) was a couple months after i trashed my SV, i was really down cus i didnt have a bike and was chatting to Lozzo. It just so happend he was selling his That is the best thing about the org, the opportunities and the lovely people that look after their bikes