SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 22-06-06, 12:35 PM   #11
helen

Can't really see how you can be annoyed at being nicked - that's rather fast! 109 mph is way over the limit whether you were speeding up, slowing down, being followed by the plod or not.

Good luck with it.
Old 22-06-06, 12:36 PM   #12
Jdubya

So, just for the rest of us who use the M20... What did the car look like? Colur, reg, etc.?
Old 22-06-06, 12:39 PM   #13
Kate

The way I see it is that if you go over 100 then be prepared for the consequences if you are caught.
Old 22-06-06, 12:40 PM   #14
BillyC
Mega Poster

Bad luck... prepare yourself for a ban, or a fairly hefty fine etc.

109mph is getting a bit fruity though, sounds like you were just waiting for the ticket.

Goes to show it's not all about speed cameras. Kent is very tight for traffic offenses, especially round there - Brands Hatch just down the road etc, they are waiting for you to have a go.

If anything, it'll be a lesson to check your mirrors more often, and save those speeds for the track.
Old 22-06-06, 12:40 PM   #15
hall13uk

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithd
Quote:
Originally Posted by hall13uk
what annnoys the hell out of me is how long there were following me from the a2 - 5 miles down the m20 thats gotta be 15 - 20 miles & just as soon as the road was clear & i started to speed up they nicked me. there was no reason to follow me think they just wanted an easy nick
1. use mirrors.

2. yes they may well have and you obliged.

sorry if it sounds harsh, but 109 was probably your average speed? am i right in thinking that? even if it was your top speed you can't have ANY argeuments about getting nicked
indeed i admit i was speeding & i hold up my hands to it yes 109 was my average between to points so @ one point i was doing more & @ another i was doing less.

but 109 was the average

i was however riding within the limits until then becuse of heavy traffic & i don't filter on the m-ways anyway. so don't see why i would have drawn attention to my a self until that point of speeding so i don't know why the followed me
Old 22-06-06, 12:41 PM   #16
Kate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdubya
So, just for the rest of us who use the M20... What did the car look like? Colur, reg, etc.?
Indeed, required info!
Old 22-06-06, 12:42 PM   #17
hall13uk

in any case what will be will be. as for the car info............................

i am not telling, that way all of you will have to be good boys & girls.
Old 22-06-06, 12:43 PM   #18
JakeRS

If you're doing about 90/95, and you're not the only one doing it, whats the liklihood they will pull you? Do they usually just go for bikers?

Not been clocked speeding, only caught once by a copper in a car who didnt have a camera or another cop in the car with him (was clocking off time too!)
Old 22-06-06, 12:47 PM   #19
Rider

Bad luck.

If it's any consolation, I think that 109 is reasonable. Just unlucky you got caught.

Hope it goes well.
Old 22-06-06, 12:47 PM   #20
lukemillar
Mega Poster

I didn't think that traffic police need a reason to follow you - they are just policing the roads. Given that you are riding down a motorway and not turning off, surely it's hard not to follow someone!

It is an @rse, because we all take liberties with the speed limit and it sucks when we get caught, but if we never broke the speed limit then we would never be caught. Surely the moral is not to speed at all?! (yeah right!)
#24 - Honda VFR400R NC30
lukemillar is offline   Reply With Quote