SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 15-03-09, 12:00 AM   #31
rob13

Default Re: EARLY morning rides, road to yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinbad View Post
It truly is amazing how much more stupid the wildlife can be during the early hours. It's as if they wake up each morning and hope that those noisy death boxes might not turn up today. Pheasants are dumb at the best of times, but approach one at speed in the morning at your own risk. Rabbits also seem to forget about the dangers of roads each night too. Pigeon dodging does get the heart racing though doesn't it?

The best rides I've ever had have been on moonlit summer nights. Cool crisp air, not too dark, quiet roads and a bike which always seems to feel that bit quicker in those conditions.
The size of Seagulls in Sunderland meant they were quite a hazard if you hit one! Theyre extremely slow around 4-6am and if you're not careful, a group of them can be like skittles!
Old 15-03-09, 08:37 AM   #32
xXBADGERXx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum View Post
Is it busy at night? I considered going all the way along the A13 this afternoon into london, but i wasnt familiar with the roads around there (didnt want to end up on a motorway) and it was very busy.

You won`t end up on a Motorway unless you actually head for the M11 and M25 which you won`t , the A13 is camera infested near Dagenham though , it`s stupid the amount of cameras around there , it`s actually possible to lose a clean licence between the end of the M11 and the A13 to Dagenham .
Old 15-03-09, 06:15 PM   #33
Bluepete
Mega Poster

This morning turned into a disaster! Out at the crack of a sparrows trump, roads deserted and dry, no mist, no suicidal wildlife. Perfect!

I was really on it.... every line spot on, every corner perfect, early on the power, maximum attack.

Set up a bend near Northwich, hit the exit at 100% throttle.

I thought, Feck me, either I'm power sliding like Casey Stoner or...................

And of course it was the or!

Rear puncture, miles from work where I had to be by 0700hrs. Needless to say, limping in on a tyre with no psi in it, I wasn't a happy bunny! Managed to find a puncture repair kit, fixed the tyre enough to get me home and hopefully back to work tomorow.

New Metz Z6 coming up!

Pete.
Bluepete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-09, 10:04 PM   #34
Magnum

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXBADGERXx View Post
You won`t end up on a Motorway unless you actually head for the M11 and M25 which you won`t , the A13 is camera infested near Dagenham though , it`s stupid the amount of cameras around there , it`s actually possible to lose a clean licence between the end of the M11 and the A13 to Dagenham .
Yeah dagenham is terrible for speed cameras, not just on the DC's. I found myself checking the speedo every 5 mins with all the cameras about.
For some reason the most part of the A13 is 40mph, but luckily it was quite busy and very windy so i kept my speed down anyway. Theres also some nasty road layouts along the A13 when you turn off it. The ones for barking and silvertown are really confusing, and i ended up going round the same bit twice to get back to romford.
The worst thing about riding in the morning or in the evening are the speed cameras, because i find that i just go a lot faster when there is very little traffic and nice open roads and have to be extra careful.

Edit - badger how do you know about dagenham when you live in wales?
Old 16-03-09, 08:09 AM   #35
Dave20046
Mega Poster

Quote:
Yep unfortunately so. Test will be booked as soon as i have a week off college. Having a small bike isnt going to stop me having fun though!
*finishes can of relentless*
No problems with waking up the neighbours then though
Old 16-03-09, 08:59 AM   #36
SoulKiss
Mega Poster

Quote:
Is it busy at night? I considered going all the way along the A13 this afternoon into london, but i wasnt familiar with the roads around there (didnt want to end up on a motorway) and it was very busy.
Completely deserted at times at night - good time is between the pubs closing and the clubs kicking out.

Just avoid Leicster Sq/Covent Garden area - the PedestriLems are out to get you to kill them...........

█╬╬╬╬()i¯i▀▀▀▀▀█Ξ███████████████████████████████)
SoulKiss is offline   Reply With Quote