SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 13-10-06, 09:51 AM   #1
cuffy

Default Minor road rage this morning :oops:

Whilst on my way to work i was gently filtering through a long line of traffic at approx 15/20 mph, now the majority of the cars were pulling over and being damn good citizens

However i did notice up ahead that someone in a vauxhall ashtray was veering towards the middle of the road attempting to block my path, i rolled off the throttle on approach to the ashtray to which he then pulled over towards the kerb....result i thought, as i went to filter past he then moved out again

This happened a couple of times to which i was becoming more wound up, when i finally managed to get level with his window i noticed he had a copy of "The Independent" draped over the steering wheel, specs perched on the end of his nose and a cup of coffee in one hand,
I motioned to see if it was "nescafe" he was drinking (older readers will get what i'm on about...and yes he was a gareth hunt)
I tapped on his window and asked him politely to open it...which to my astonishment he did.

I then reached in, grabbed his paper, ripped the forking thing into shreds and calmly deposited it on his lap and proceeded to carry on with my journey with tears of laughter streaming down my face

Thought id share it with you.....yeah i know, it's not big and it's not clever...but what the hell
Old 13-10-06, 09:56 AM   #2
thor

Minor?

What do you call major!
Old 13-10-06, 09:59 AM   #3
Baph

ROFLMFAO. Well done that man.

Next time, remember to grab te mobile phone out of their hand too!
Old 13-10-06, 10:00 AM   #4
TSM
The Sick Man
Mega Poster

That takes balls i think.
GONE: SV650S K2 Very Bruised & Without Fairing, Motovation Frame Sliders, R&G Ally Sprocket Toe Protector, HEL 2 Line Setup, GSXR K1 600 RWU Forks, Barnett Clutch & Springs, Penske 8981 Shock, Gilles Ti Rearsets, Steel Barends, Scottoiler, AFAM Chain & Sprockets, Twin FIAMM Horns, Skidmarx Bellypan, Full Micron Zeta Steel System, Cut down undertay.

Forum Problems & Information / Site Suggestions
TSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-06, 10:20 AM   #5
Ceri JC

I had my first road rage in ages today (normally I expect shoddy driving and I don't let it get to me). I'm in the outside lane, overtaking the cars in lane 2 by about 5mph faster. A car (navy blue focus zetec, reg starting WU06 for any M4 users) goes to changes lane (no indicators) just as I'm getting close about to overtake. He seems to see me as he cancels his pulling out. I'm about 5 ft behind him and go to continue the overtake. Again, he veers (this time completely into my lane), nearly clipping my front wheel and causing me to throw on the brakes. I follow for a bit and he continues to change lanes very quickly (irrespective of what is in front of him) and doesn't use his indicators, till he is completely in the new lane (for some reason, this wound me up far more than people who just don't use indicators at all). Inside lane is bumper to bumper and this **** keeps veering between the 2nd and 3rd lanes in a (thanks to his "after the event" indication) in a completely unpredictable way making overtaking a risky business indeed. I waited for a large gap in front of him in the outside lane and then nailed it past him, finger poised over the horn and with an eye on him. Of course, the moment I'm alongside he again veers into my lane, a blast of the horn slows him enough that I just manage to get by (whilst looking him in the eye and screaming with rage). The guy looks genuinely suprised to see me and his eyebrows go up as he clocks my (rather irrate) expression.

The chap wasn't reading a map/fiddling with sat nav/the stereo, on the phone, old enough to be senile or any of the other usual suspects. He was just a spectacularly poor/dangerous driver.

On the rest of the commute, I encounter 2 other people who repeatedly veer wildly for no reason (almost as if a tyre had blown and they were fighting to get the car under control). As I arrive in work a colleague explains it, it's Friday 13th.
Old 13-10-06, 10:24 AM   #6
Mr Toad

I'm afraid I gave in to some road rage a few weeks ago - left a white van man lying in the road after he shoved me
Old 13-10-06, 10:25 AM   #7
anna
Mega Poster

cuffy.. well done.. I would have loved to have seen his face whilst you were ripping up his paper!!
anna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-06, 10:26 AM   #8
Warthog

Default Re: Minor road rage this morning :oops:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuffy
Whilst on my way to work i was gently filtering through a long line of traffic at approx 15/20 mph, now the majority of the cars were pulling over and being damn good citizens

However i did notice up ahead that someone in a vauxhall ashtray was veering towards the middle of the road attempting to block my path, i rolled off the throttle on approach to the ashtray to which he then pulled over towards the kerb....result i thought, as i went to filter past he then moved out again

This happened a couple of times to which i was becoming more wound up, when i finally managed to get level with his window i noticed he had a copy of "The Independent" draped over the steering wheel, specs perched on the end of his nose and a cup of coffee in one hand,
I motioned to see if it was "nescafe" he was drinking (older readers will get what i'm on about...and yes he was a gareth hunt)
I tapped on his window and asked him politely to open it...which to my astonishment he did.

I then reached in, grabbed his paper, ripped the forking thing into shreds and calmly deposited it on his lap and proceeded to carry on with my journey with tears of laughter streaming down my face

Thought id share it with you.....yeah i know, it's not big and it's not clever...but what the hell
Absolutely brilliant!!! You are my hero, I love you.
Old 13-10-06, 10:30 AM   #9
Jabba

Should have thrown the coffee all over the inside of his car, too
Old 13-10-06, 10:36 AM   #10
Flamin_Squirrel

A road rage incident posted on the ninja forum

http://www.mcnninjas.co.uk/forum/ind...?topic=43294.0