SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

South & West Surfers Just for the guys and gals in the south and south west of the UK.

Old 03-04-06, 04:07 PM   #1
valleyboy

Default Black Mountains Part III - Weekend 22nd / 23rd April

Im thinking of doing said route again on weekend of 22nd / 23rd.... hands up those who wish to tag along
Old 03-04-06, 04:43 PM   #2
cuffy

always happens on the weekends i got me kids

I will get there oneday...promise
Old 03-04-06, 05:35 PM   #3
valleyboy

Well, ive just been out on bits of the route, wore my summer jacket and gloves though (bit cold for it actualy!!) its amazing what a pair of thin gloves does to your riding bit more twist in the throttle than there should be
Old 03-04-06, 08:46 PM   #4
_Stretchie_
Large Member
Mega Poster

Hey, that's my birthday.. If I'm here I'm well up for it. You KNOW which road I want to hit

Oi, go looking for your passport, it's time you came here too you know. Although I think the raods there are better, anyone who disagree's PLEASE correct me and I'll go try the roads you suggest

Stretchie

Look right-> <-Look Left
_Stretchie_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-06, 08:53 PM   #5
valleyboy

hell, once I get a new rear tyre put on..... I plan on going a few places! down to that Poole meet thingy for a start.... dont know how long this tyre has left till its done for.... was out earlier doing laps of the roundabouts
Think my passport is almost out of date would be nice to cross that god damned bridge in good weather

Actualy, that reminds me......... I have another plan, which involves us staying not far from the A40 near Llandovery in a place called Cwrt-Y-Cadno... my old school owns a building there, and they rent it out for weekends etc.... my mates dad happens to still be a governer at the school.... so could see about renting the place for a weekend... BBQ and beer etc then a S&WS get together in the depths of Wales

**** up at yours that weekend then Stretchie??
Old 03-04-06, 08:57 PM   #6
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by valleyboy
so could see about renting the place for a weekend... BBQ and beer etc then a S&WS get together in the depths of Wales
That sounds like a great idea

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-06, 08:58 PM   #7
valleyboy

Will go talk to my mates dad.. though be warned.. if he comes along to open the place up, hide your bikes.. he'll get a spanner out and start adjusting things! He also has a habbit of cleaning bikes if left on his drive for too long!
Old 03-04-06, 09:13 PM   #8
lemmings999

probarbly working that weekend sorry,
dont get another weekend off for about another 6 weeks
Old 03-04-06, 09:43 PM   #9
tee jey

Quote:
Originally Posted by valleyboy
Actualy, that reminds me......... I have another plan, which involves us staying not far from the A40 near Llandovery in a place called Cwrt-Y-Cadno... my old school owns a building there, and they rent it out for weekends etc.... my mates dad happens to still be a governer at the school.... so could see about renting the place for a weekend... BBQ and beer etc then a S&WS get together in the depths of Wales

p*ss up at yours that weekend then Stretchie??
Now this sounds interesting, Wales is a long way for a day trip but with an overnight stop in some comfort (i.e. not in a tent) and a chance to do some more Welsh mountain roads could be a runner. Any more details?

Old 04-04-06, 12:20 AM   #10
_Stretchie_
Large Member
Mega Poster

Not sure about the beers at mine but the BBQ and beers sound like a great idea.

Going to have to change my rear soon I think. My last one lasted from July to just before new years.. This one's almost gone....

Oh well, at least it's a sign I'm doing things better

ValleyBoy I'll Pm you with my number, unless you still have ot from a while ago. What kind of times are you thinking for these evening stints.???

I've been going from Weston back to Bristol after work via Cheddar, the mendips and Burrington, 60 miles from work to home instead of about 23 miles...

Look right-> <-Look Left
_Stretchie_ is offline   Reply With Quote