SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Ecosse For all the lads and lassies north of the border

Old 24-06-06, 01:43 PM   #1
ianofbhills

Default Knockhill trackday this morning (pics and vid clip)

Well this morning myself and northwind went to knockhill to show what the sv's can really do.

I'd booked myself into the novice and northwind braved it out in the intermediates. Fun was had by all and no crashing by either of us two however thats not to say the day was incident free.

A nice new zx6r from the ninja group that were there went down hard coming up the main straight, i've got no pics but it looked pretty expensive!

An R1 highsided coming out of the hairpin which looked painfull and there were some other accidents too.

Northy had a little problem with a seal on his water pump letting go which meant there was a bit of coolant coming out and onto his hot exhaust which burnt it off and provided pleanty smoke!!!!

I really enjoyed myself i found i can harass alot of the bigger boys now in novice. I'm all over them on the bends but my 80hp sv just hasnt got the twist and go to pass anyone on the straight which is a bit frustrating.
Definately time for a change of catagory for me next time i go me thinks.

pics.. none of me because i had the camera.

coming into the pits

coolant issues

rat bike

northy got passed by this guy.... to be fair the beemer passed alot of people which was great to watch

vid clip. start/finish straight sv fly by.

Old 24-06-06, 02:47 PM   #2
haggis

Knockhill in good weather shocker!!!!!!!!

nice pics, and glad to hear no damage.
Old 24-06-06, 04:44 PM   #3
Anonymous

glad you both survived to play another day and the weather looks amazing for knockhill
Old 24-06-06, 06:21 PM   #4
SuperVast650

I was there today taking pics of you pair. I wasnt gonna put any up on my site unfortunately but if you fancy a look at mine drop me an email and i will email some across ( i was at the hairpin incase you seen me with the big white lens )
Old 24-06-06, 07:34 PM   #5
northwind
Mega Poster

I had no game at all today Drew tells me I was doing 1:14s, which is alright, but I just wasn't getting into the whole "go fast" thing... Used to be fast down the back, now I'm just OK. Good day though, my smoking rat did itself proud.

Intermediate, it turns out, is not a bad place to be... I was probably in the slow end of the group, but there were no utter incompetents, unlike novice... And not too bad with the race guys either, though there were a few. One guy on a race-prepped R1 lapped me about once every 5 laps all day The only downer was that there were no comparable bikes to match with, closest thing was a wee Yam 400 but that guy was far better than me. Lots of 600s to play with though.

Supervast, I'll drop you a line when I get home. Not surprised to hear my photos don't make the cut for the website though, I was slow in the hairpin all day. Crashed there last time I visited, so I was being a wee bit overcautious.
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-06, 08:40 PM   #6
SuperVast650

Its not just yours its everyones that dont make the cut. I dare'nt advertise the fact im there doing photos as i may upset the resident knockhill photographer, even though he is busy doing the rally school photos. So i'd rather keep the peace!

And i got the full sequence of the sparkly new R1 lobbing itself up the road. Little did i realise the guys wife was right beside me and going mad cause her man was hurt. He wasnt really, just winded. The bike is a different story however

And feel free to email whenever you have time as im at Knockhill tomorrow doing photos for a Bike dealers sons first race So will be busy till monday evening doing his stuff and also other projects for my own sponsored riders in various disciplines of motorcycle sport.

But seriously glad to see you guys got round safe enough, and if i mind right you lobbed youre SV at the hairpin the last time i was there which was a long long time ago!!!!!!! So you making a habit of it nowadays??
Old 24-06-06, 09:51 PM   #7
Scooby Drew

Hmm, Andy was putting in consitent 1.14s over the 6 lap stretch that I timed, so well done. Getting it consistent is the hard bit. You could actually hear the rat bike coming down the back straight, it even drowned the 996 out

A quote from Ritchie who demolished his ZX6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie-ninja
I had arm pump. I went over the start/finish straight,,, went hard on the brakes,, but the rottle was still open... The back wheel was locked all the way down past the bridge to the first right hander,, where I tried to lean it in.. the back wheel was still locked up and the bike started going side ways,,, so I let off the back brake,,, and over the top I went in a high side.....

I then toddled over to the barrier,, kicking stones.....
It was his first trackday ever and he was putting in 1.03s

Good to catch up, Andy & Ian
Old 24-06-06, 10:49 PM   #8
northwind
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperVast650
Its not just yours its everyones that dont make the cut. I dare'nt advertise the fact im there doing photos as i may upset the resident knockhill photographer, even though he is busy doing the rally school photos. So i'd rather keep the peace!
Ah, I see How's the bike, by the way? Are you still supermoting?
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-06, 07:34 PM   #9
SuperVast650

Quote:
Originally Posted by northwind
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperVast650
Ah, I see How's the bike, by the way? Are you still supermoting?
Well sold the SV too someone in edinburgh for a knock down price. Least shes getting used (unless the blame flame titanium can fell too bits lol)

And the supermoto is for sale. Either as a motocross or supermoto bike. I have ended up running the supermoto races aswell as photographing them. So i want shot of the KTM and look to maybe have a blast at trackdays with a view too racing in 2008.

Plus the photography is slowly taking off and im lucky if i get a spare weekend so have to see how far that leads over the next 12 months, as im already getting bookings for 2007!!!!