SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 28-05-07, 11:00 PM   #1
neilfab

Default Bank Holiday...bah humbug

Well this weekend started really badly and didn’t seem to get much better. Friday night coming home from work, thinking of the week-end ahead, playing cricket, getting out with the little one, minding mine own business travelling up Grovenor Road, just short of the Chelsea Flower Show when…what’s this…a ‘friendly bike’ plod jumping out of the undergrowth and slapping me with an SP30…3 points and £60.00 if you would be so kind. Ker…ching. I wouldn’t mind but whilst he was writing out the ticket, two Fireblades screamed past with both riders in tee shirts and shorts. Grrrr.

Nobody to blame but myself, but that’s a first time I have seen or rather not seen a ‘trap’ in that particular spot in all the five/six years I have used that route. “It’s because of the Chelsea Flower Show” was the reason I was given, which to be honest is another ½ mile up the road.

Next day wake up with the mother of all sore throats and banging head – and I don’t even drink…that much – here come the first cold of the summer. Spend most of the day moping around the house trying not to sneeze over every one and filling my self up with lem sip and paracetamol?.

Sunday cricket rained off, not that I could have played any way. Ruth and little one went out to visit a friend so I was home alone. Did manage to watch Monaco GP ZZZZzzzzzz and WSB.

Monday it rained and rained and rained etc.

When’s the next bank holiday? I may just give it a miss.