SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 06-10-18, 08:06 AM   #1
Seeker
Mega Poster

Default Paypal

I use paypal quite a lot but I noticed something different when I was going to purchase some second hand books. When I started the checkout procedure and was directed to paypal, I logged in and it brought up a screen saying that I would authorise paypal to pay WorldofBooks now and for all future purchases (so I wouldn't have to log in to paypal next time).

I didn't like the sound of that so cancelled the order. Is this new? I don't recall seeing it before. I don't want someone else storing my log in details.
Seeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-18, 08:52 AM   #2
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Default Re: Paypal

https://www.paypal.com/de/webapps/mp...locale.x=en_DE

This details changes in Paypal policy including linking to payment cards, effective from Aug 31 2018. What I don't like is that these changes are coming in anyway and there is no 'opt out'. I use a credit card online direct to supplier anyway and rarely use paypal unless supplier will not accept a credit card. I never, ever, ever use a debit card online - if it gets hacked the crims have direct access to your bank account, at least with credit card the transaction is purely between the card company and the supplier, all you have to do is pay the credit card bill every month, and any unauthorised payments are down to credit card company to sort.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

Last edited by SV650rules; 06-10-18 at 08:53 AM.
SV650rules is offline   Reply With Quote