SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 03-05-09, 04:35 PM   #1
kurtis.randle

Default Hi everyone ,charity ride

Date and details to be confirmed , proberly august ,
would anyone be interested charity yet to be confirmed ,ideas and interest would be aprishiated thanks. I would like to donate to some sort of childrens charity .the reason for this is my nan passed 10 months ago and i want to do something that she used to allways do .I thanks

Last edited by kurtis.randle; 03-05-09 at 04:49 PM.
Old 03-05-09, 04:49 PM   #2
Alpinestarhero

Default Re: Hi everyone ,charity ride

Why not contact your local hospital, see about doing the charity run to raise money for their childrens department? That could be cool, have a ride to the hospital, all the kids come out and the owners can invite the kids to sit on the bikes and stuff

how about raising money for charities who look after kids who have to look after their parents?
Old 03-05-09, 04:56 PM   #3
kurtis.randle

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpinestarhero View Post
Why not contact your local hospital, see about doing the charity run to raise money for their childrens department? That could be cool, have a ride to the hospital, all the kids come out and the owners can invite the kids to sit on the bikes and stuff

how about raising money for charities who look after kids who have to look after their parents?
a very good thought. i will get back to you on that one soon .
Old 03-05-09, 04:56 PM   #4
kurtis.randle

Quote:

would you be interested in takeing part ,if so would you think it would be best a weekend ??
Old 03-05-09, 04:58 PM   #5
kurtis.randle

Quote:

im thinking about makeing it all the way up newcasle and then back or scottland i feel it would be more acheiving than just round the corner but willing for ideas still.
Old 03-05-09, 05:06 PM   #6
Alpinestarhero

sounds good...how about doing it on a bike that isn't so suited to a long journey, like a 50 cc scooter, or a C90. Or any supersport 600

BTW for such a long journey, I don't know if i would have the endurance to take part. But i'd certainly throw a few quid your way as sponsership
Old 03-05-09, 05:08 PM   #7
kurtis.randle

Quote:
sounds good...how about doing it on a bike that isn't so suited to a long journey, like a 50 cc scooter, or a C90. Or any supersport 600

BTW for such a long journey, I don't know if i would have the endurance to take part. But i'd certainly throw a few quid your way as sponsership
dont think many people could get hold of another bike more costly as well.
Old 03-05-09, 05:21 PM   #8
dawn07

Child brain injury trust always a good one?
Would join you if I lived closer
Old 03-05-09, 05:22 PM   #9
kurtis.randle

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawn07 View Post
Child brain injury trust always a good one?
Would join you if I lived closer
will be pming you for a donate then lol .
Old 03-05-09, 05:23 PM   #10
dawn07