SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 16-11-06, 04:42 PM   #1
Reckless Rat

Default Charity Shops

What ever happened to charity shops being a source of cheap clothes... last time I did some paint and decorating I picked a pair of jeans and a shirt for £1.50, and binned them when finished. Looking at doing similar today, and it's 3.95 to 4.95 for a raggy 2nd hand tee shirt, 4.95 to 5.95 for a shirt and 6.95 for jeans in similar condition... I know it's charity but it's a joke when Tescos are doing brand new jeans for £3, and a Tees for £2!
Are the Charity Shops going upmarket now?

RantingRat
Old 16-11-06, 04:58 PM   #2
Tomcat

I agree! We started a little game this summer. We find it a pain in the **** when out biking for a weekend carrying bags with clothes in. So..... whenever we stop anywhere for a night we hit the charity shop, and cloth ourselves for a night out on the drink, its a giggle for sure! But the clothes aren't cheap anymore! Sometimes we try n look as ridiculous as poss, other times we try n find decent stuff.... ditch it in the morning when back in the leathers! Gives it a new dimension.
Old 16-11-06, 04:59 PM   #3
Tomcat

The fact that stuff is a bit wiffy sometimes makes it funnier ! Only thing ya need to carry is ya toothbrush