SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 30-12-16, 01:51 PM   #21
madcockney

Default Re: Green coolant - what brand?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibio View Post
unless your using antifreeze designed for older cars which are rare these days then pretty much any off the shelf antifreeze is compatible for modern engines. stay away from those 'for life' fancy coolants as they cant be mixed or topped up (unless with the same stuff) and are damned expensive.
Which is what I was worried about especially the gelling affect with incompatible such as generally with IAT mixed with or added to OAT with regards to the car. I raised that with the garage that serviced the car and was advised that with the stuff they used was compatible and I have never had an issue.

I have never believed those for life statements, and if you research further they don't actually mean for life as the average person takes it.

When it comes to fluids it is always interesting reading what the Americans put into their vehicles. They don't have the same products as we do and you frequently read of them using a product that we in Europe would not usually consider using and certainly the manufacturers would not recommend in Europe.
madcockney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-16, 02:03 PM   #22
Bibio
Mega Poster

its not uncommon for Canadians out in the sticks to use engine oil in their coolant system.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-17, 03:25 PM   #23
Craig380
Mega Poster

A quick update - I found out from the dealer that they used Rock Oil Kool pre-mixed coolant in my bike, which is green. So now I know, at least
Craig380 is offline   Reply With Quote