SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 23-03-09, 10:01 PM   #1
abdul.aziz

Default Suzuki lowered seats - can lower seats made for pointy SV be used on Curvy SV?

Hello folks.

bought my Sv650s the other day (2002 curvey model). I'm looking to fit a lower seat. I'm 5'5 and my inside leg is 28/29'.

I can flat foot with one foot. riding isnt really a problem but moving the thing around is so dam hard!

i'd also have greater confidence if it was lower. I reckon 2cm lowered would be perfect.

I've had a look at the below Suzuki seats- i've called up and they tell me the seats are just for the pointy. I'm not keen on getting dogbones to lower the bike.

If anyones got experience of gettng a lower seat i'd love to hear your input; do he below linked seats work on curvy? is there an after market seat (in the uk and that doesnt cost a fortune)???

http://www.suzuki-gb.co.uk/accessori...=onroad&search[range]=&search[model]=&search[year]=&search[keyword]=sv+lower+seat&offset=0

(the product at the bottom of the list)

http://www.suzuki-gb.co.uk/accessori...=onroad&search[range]=&search[model]=&search[year]=&search[keyword]=sv+lower+seat&offset=0
Old 23-03-09, 10:07 PM   #2
dizzyblonde
Da Cake Boss
Mega Poster

Default Re: Suzuki lowered seats - can lower seats made for pointy SV be used on Curvy SV??

pointy seats don't go with curvy ones I'm afraid.
You could get your seat sent to this guy
http://www.tonyarcher.co.uk/

he's very good with seats, he would probably be able to make your current one fit your requirements. Comes personally recommended. Although I don't have lowered ones.
Don't worry too much about just one foot flat, you'll soon get the knack.

Hovis 13.8.75-3.10.09 Reeder 20.7.88-21.3.12
dizzyblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-09, 10:08 PM   #3
mikey09

Default Re: Suzuki lowered seats - can lower seats made for pointy SV be used on Curvy SV??

i have got a rider & pillion seat that is lower they are great i got a inside leg of 29" and i could put my feet flat on the floor & i could bend my knees
my seats are for sale if your interested
Old 23-03-09, 10:11 PM   #4
abdul.aziz

hmmm for sale eh....

how much fella?