SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 05-10-08, 07:15 PM   #1
chris8886
Mega Poster

Talking My bike actually has balls!!

it is with great pleasure that i announce that my bike has its balls back!! after what i consider an 'apprenticeship' (and recent extreme bordem) of 2 years it feels damn good. i love the way it just kicks off and goes banzai at 5.5/6k rpm. it just keeps putting a massive grin on me moosh . my riding 'style' is going to have to change a little, as i can no longer just slam the throttle wide open mid corner without highsiding me thinks

big thanks go to terryakimonkey who helped me get rid of the little washers that i paid £200 for i am soooo looking forward to this new lease of life my bike has been given
Daytona 675: Arrow can (with a baffle that's gone missing in action....), quickshifter, shorty levers, custom paintjob
chris8886 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-08, 07:17 PM   #2
tanis34

Default Re: My bike actually has balls!!

welcome to th world of full power
Old 05-10-08, 07:25 PM   #3
G
Mega Poster

No more novice group for you then lol
Old 05-10-08, 07:28 PM   #4
chris8886
Mega Poster

i will this time, as i'm getting used to a basically new bike now. after that i'm thinking i might move into inters
Daytona 675: Arrow can (with a baffle that's gone missing in action....), quickshifter, shorty levers, custom paintjob
Old 05-10-08, 07:54 PM   #5
chasey

Nice on Chris.

Where'd you do your trackday/s? I have read some stuff that said 33bhp's can't go on track. Might've been on the focused event webbysite? I wanna get a couple in next year but I will still be on 33

Sorry for the derail
Old 05-10-08, 08:15 PM   #6
Davido

I think my power 'apprenticeship' lasted a week before the other Ecu got put in.
Old 05-10-08, 08:49 PM   #7
chris8886
Mega Poster

definately do it. i've done 4 so far. lydden hill was my first last october. it's a brilliant track and ideal for the sv even when you have so little power, i was managing to humble a number of more powerful bikes only problem here is that they don't do many track days each year.

my second was at silverstone GP circuit. not ideal on a restricted bike, but it was imense fun and one of my favourites, but not ideally suited to the sv by the fact it's such a high speed track. again though if you have some nouse about you, you can do over many more powerful bikes in the corners. i can't wait to go back to this circuit on a full power bike.

next i did a driving day at raf northolt. only managed to get onto that a member here who works there. again a great day.

and most recently i did mallory park. i must admit that i didn't particularly enjoy this circuit (although i must admit i did crash (not badly)). i managed to get back out there and in my mind i had managed to forget the crash. i just didn't particularly enjoy the layout, which considering that it has some similarities with lydden i was surprised.

my 2 days at silverstone and mallory park were through hottrax. most places i think are ok with 33bhp licenses, but a quick e-mail to whichever company you use, will tell you if that rack won't allow you on.
Old 05-10-08, 08:53 PM   #8
chasey

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris8886 View Post
... but a quick e-mail to whichever company you use, will tell you if that rack won't allow you on.
True .

Would probabily go Croft first as it's closest to me. I emailed Ron Haslam Race School about me using a CBR6 on retarded license and they are fine with that. Just need to get the GF to pay for it for me as a 21st present next year!
Old 05-10-08, 08:57 PM   #9
chris8886
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasey View Post
True .

Would probabily go Croft first as it's closest to me. I emailed Ron Haslam Race School about me using a CBR6 on retarded license and they are fine with that. Just need to get the GF to pay for it for me as a 21st present next year!
you've got a damn nice and probably fairly wealthy GF then
Old 06-10-08, 10:04 AM   #10
G
Mega Poster

Quote:

my second was at silverstone GP circuit.
I need to go back here badly loved silverstone GP, was my first so didnt know what to expect and defo didnt use the circuit to its full potential, even more so on the new bike

Quote:

and most recently i did mallory park. i must admit that i didn't particularly enjoy this circuit
Mallory need some work, I can never put my finger on why

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasey View Post
True .

Eeeek 33bhp SV .....to 120bhp IL4, that will be a shock to the system lol.