SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 26-04-08, 10:53 AM   #11
Devil Biccy

Default Re: Keep an eye on your bank account!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitkat View Post
pay with cash
and leave no trace????
Old 26-04-08, 12:48 PM   #12
andywilson460

Thanks for the thread Defender. Just checked my statement online (not done so for a couple of weeks) and found that my car insurer has signed me up for a direct debit of ?50 per month, even though I paid my policy in full 3 months ago. A quick phonecall to Adrian Flux (who are usually brilliant) and a rather embarrassed Customer Assistant apologised and will refund the ?150!!! that they have taken.

That'll pay for my car tax at the end of the month then. Cheers for the reminder, as I would have been ?500 out of pocket, at least, over the year.
Old 26-04-08, 02:21 PM   #13
TEC

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitkat View Post
pay with cash
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil Biccy View Post
and leave no trace????
Of course
Old 26-04-08, 02:49 PM   #14
gettin2dizzy

I checked mine to find out my old insurance company has been taking ?30/month for 6 months. I had never noticed until this months statement as the debit was previously 'premium credit' and changed to 'A-quote' so I only picked up on it then.

I wrote to them to cancel it at the end of the 12 month contract but they claim the letter was never received (it was around the postal strikes in all fairness). They won't refund it as I didn't re-insure my bike until last month (it was off the road).

What a waste of money
Old 26-04-08, 04:02 PM   #15
Defender

Quote:
Originally Posted by andywilson460 View Post
Thanks for the thread Defender. Just checked my statement online (not done so for a couple of weeks) and found that my car insurer has signed me up for a direct debit of ?50 per month, even though I paid my policy in full 3 months ago. A quick phonecall to Adrian Flux (who are usually brilliant) and a rather embarrassed Customer Assistant apologised and will refund the ?150!!! that they have taken.

That'll pay for my car tax at the end of the month then. Cheers for the reminder, as I would have been ?500 out of pocket, at least, over the year.
I'm glad the thread has made others check their accounts

I rely on the switch card to pay for stuff i.e. fuel and shopping.

At work I usually have £2 - £3 in cash and when I'm on the bike between £5 and £10 in coins for teas etc. But I'm a tight Yorkshireman!
Old 26-04-08, 05:57 PM   #16
kitkat

i dont have a debit card so it has to be cash. I went shopping a while back, day before pay day and wrote a cheque. It was a fairly big shop ?70 worth. After I had put it all in bags wee boy said thats ?70 madam. I got cheque book out and he said sorry we dont take cheques anymore. since when, today. I had to leave my shopping. Was so embarrassed. I now take cash and count up as I go round making sure I dont go over. managed to get weekly shopping bill down to ?35 a week
Old 26-04-08, 06:06 PM   #17
Defender

Surely you'd have had a cheque guarantee card to accompany the cheque, and I thought these were now a 3-1 card i.e. ATM, switch / maestro and guarantee card?
Old 26-04-08, 06:08 PM   #18
ricky

Quote:
Originally Posted by gettin2dizzy View Post
I checked mine to find out my old insurance company has been taking ?30/month for 6 months. I had never noticed until this months statement as the debit was previously 'premium credit' and changed to 'A-quote' so I only picked up on it then.

I wrote to them to cancel it at the end of the 12 month contract but they claim the letter was never received (it was around the postal strikes in all fairness). They won't refund it as I didn't re-insure my bike until last month (it was off the road).

What a waste of money

go to your bank and claim under the deirect debit system and say you never sid they could take the money from your account ever, will see some complaints then

oh and for the person insured with flux, good luck with them, i wont be using them again
Old 26-04-08, 06:08 PM   #19
Fizzy Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by andywilson460 View Post
my car insurer has signed me up for a direct debit of ?50 per month, even though I paid my policy in full 3 months ago.
This happened to me before too - charlatans!
Old 26-04-08, 06:57 PM   #20
philbut

Both BT and MCE insurance have been taking money out of my account on direct debit incorrectly. It is such a pain to get it sorted out, they just dont want to know, thet bast*rds. they are quick enough to send threatening letter if you don't pay but when it's them that owes you money it's a different story!