SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 16-11-15, 10:57 AM   #1

Default OMO - Parking Tickets

Dear All

Its been a while, however I am after some advice, I am aware of the dedicated forums for this, however the org is generally first POC for this sort of thing.

My car was parked on a hatched area in a car park, and a PCN was duly applied for "parked so to cause obstruction or inconvenience" - it wasn't, it was tucked out of the way quite nicely (the car park is generally a shambles and people park everywhere - but that's not really grounds for appeal, its just gauling that everyone else who was obstructing didn't get fined - oh note the yellow hatching does not say "no parking" either" )

The PCN was appealed to on the grounds that there is no signage entering the car park outlining their conditions (i.e contract for parking) and the only sign "12 x 12" sits about 4ft off the ground behind the ticket machines - you cannot see this sign if approaching the ticket machine from where the car was parked - (I genuinely had to go looking for said signage)

They have rejected the appeal on the grounds that they believe it is sufficiently signed and so referred me to POPLA - which is where I am now toying with the do or don't.

The thing is, in their rejection to me via email, they addressed the email to someone I have never heard off, so in line with email requirements I returned it to them as an unknown addressee, and deleted the email, I highlighted their data protection breach and queried who they had shared my information with etc etc, and made them aware that this data protection breach would be shared with POPLA if I proceed down that route - I await the outcome of that reply!

Now - to the main point - given the lack of signage, has anyone actually taken the PCN to POPLA and won? the fine goes from 50£ to 100£ if I loose (I don't want to pay then £100 but I don't want to pay then the £50 either)

Ill happily email the letter to anyone who asks, I just don't want to fork out £100 if its un unfair bet?

thanks OMO.

Alex
Old 16-11-15, 01:32 PM   #2
AlexAdams

Default Re: OMO - Parking Tickets

A fellow Alex in distress, who owns the land and who are the letters from? If either are council, pay up. if not you've done too much already (should just ignore the invoice) but your best help will be from here: http://www.pepipoo.com/forums/
Old 16-11-15, 01:51 PM   #3

Default Re: OMO - Parking Tickets

thanks Alex

I was heading over there, however I have just an email closing the matter,

I think they realised they were up **** creek when I mentioned breach of data protection.

thanks

Alex