SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Tyres Post your own reviews, opinions and experiences on this subject.

Old 29-06-10, 08:54 PM   #1
kwak zzr

Default anyone rate the bt016 tyres?

i'm shopping for some new boots for the bike and have seen good reviews on these tyres, triple compound arnt they? me likes sticky
i'm running BT014's at the moment with no problems what so ever but the 016 is the newer version so can only be better surley.
Old 29-06-10, 09:38 PM   #2
Brettus

Default Re: anyone rate the bt016 tyres?

I got them fitted to my SV a couple of months back. got them fitted as it was the only thing my tyre guy had in stock, wasn't sure about them but he said they were good and I fancied trying some stickier ones for a summer some time. got the rear changed 200 miles later to match and I really like them.

They don't feel as sure footed in the wet as the PR2s I had but that might just be me as I'm pants at getting them to temperature (that seems to be one area where the PR2s are forgiving) but in the dry they are awesome. still got my customary 1"+ on the edges so I don't really make full use but I like the way they grip and after throwing it into a roundabout today before going very far I felt a twitch but they held. I'd rather they did that and remind me I'm asking too much than just to spit me off

I'm cornering far more confidently than I ever have before, gonna be interesting going back to PR2s come winter I think!
K6 SV650S Sport: GSXR 1000 front end, Penske shock, F.Fabbri DB clear screen, colour matched hugger, Corbin riders seat, Evotech tail tidy, Akrapovic full system, Twin 55w HID lights, Givi rack and..... the biggest top box known to man
Quote:
"Well I've met God and he had nothing to say to me"
Brettus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-10, 09:02 PM   #3
kwak zzr

the edges of the tyre seem very sticky which is what i need , i love spending time on the side of the tyre so i think these are for me Ive had a quote of £240 fitted to the bike, does that sound reasonable?
Old 01-07-10, 09:08 PM   #4
simesb

I've got them but they are OEM so only single compound front and dual compound rear.

Better than the BT014's (which I hated). Very good in the dry when up to temp (and not that hard to get them hot). Poor in the wet; just been scaring me tonight on greasy damp roads, even with them hot.
Old 03-07-10, 01:27 PM   #5
kwak zzr

why are the OEM tyres different?
Old 03-07-10, 02:20 PM   #6
Shellywoozle
Mega Poster

Kwak if you go to CMC see if they will do a deal for 2 pairs, I will get a pair for Zuky if they will
Black K4 Pointy named Zuky, OEM belly pan, OEM hugger, OEM cowl, R&G bungs, akrapovic system, tinted double bubble Fabbri screen, tail tidy, scottoiler, alarm, datatagged, lowered seat for short ass rider named Shell.

RIP PC David Rathband sad day 29/2/2012
Shellywoozle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-10, 02:26 PM   #7
simesb

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwak zzr View Post
why are the OEM tyres different?
Cos manufacturers get cheaper tyres from the tyre maker. Apparently they have less tread (to keep kerb weight down), and fewer compounds.
Old 03-07-10, 09:38 PM   #8
kwak zzr

arrr i see

shell i will fone on monday to see what they can do.
Old 04-07-10, 11:38 AM   #9
Holdup

I dont rate bridgestones at all, but when you enquire about the 016's also enquire about a set of Pilot power 2cts or the new power pures (of which michelin are doing an offer on the pures and roads this month which is get £20 worth of free fuel vouchers )
Old 07-07-10, 09:07 PM   #10
kwak zzr

i got a deal on 016's if we have two sets