SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 29-08-08, 07:07 PM   #51
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Default Re: The Cycling Thread

I hope I'll be OK I am a reasonable climber anyway. I was getting up nasty climbs local to me on a 39 x 25 previously, but like you say after a long ride, you get really really really tired legs.

I did day one of the Tour of Wessex this year, got my self a bronze time for that 95 miles, 6hrs 55 so I was quite pleased with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles View Post
When is the Tour of Dartmoor? How long is the short version?
27th September and IIRC the short version is 80 miles and thats what I'm doing with another guy from my work who is into his cycling to.

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-08, 07:21 PM   #52
andywilson460

Myself and my team at work are entering the Brompton World Championships at the end of september : http://www.brompton.co.uk/bwc/?l=1

Apparently there could be up to 500 racers - I think there will be a lot of ringers in there, but we are starting the team training now - getting the brompton pelaton moving looks hilarious, but we want a decent time - even though you have to race in a suit and tie
Old 31-08-08, 11:30 PM   #53
rob13

Started using the trainer this week, first impressions are that its a very well made piece of kit. Sturdy, rock solid with the bike on and the feel is good. Anyone thinking of spending more than £120 on an exercise bike really should be looking at one of these as they are far and away a better investment. Theyre more comfortable as you're using your own bike and theyre more realistic as theyre not jerky at all. I havent tried putting the power down through it as I physically cant at the moment, however for spinning up they seem like really good pieces of kit.

Im now looking to get a cycle computer for it (thinking of buying the Cateye Strada as it runs from the rear wheel and is fairly cheap) so I can keep an eye on what im doing.
Old 02-09-08, 07:38 PM   #54
malks

well had my new bike a couple of weeks now. absolutely loving having my first full sus bike. not had a chance to properly use it out on some proper trails. but instead went out locally and had a splash around in some puddles and got myself covered in mud. made me smile though.

anyone fancy an org day out to glentress or somewhere like that??

oh and here is the new bike!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00323 (Medium).JPG (108.4 KB, 4 views)
Old 03-09-08, 07:29 AM   #55
krhall

Well as I am now completely without the engined variety, it was either public transport or cycling, no contest a bus takes 1 hour 45 minutes and I just did the 11.4 miles in 45 mins 15 secs...........just cooling down before my shower.

That's London traffic too, although admitedly not central london.
Old 03-09-08, 07:39 AM   #56
Skip
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by krhall View Post
I just did the 11.4 miles in 45 mins 15 secs...........just cooling down before my shower.
That is good going! I dont have the luxury of a shower here so I take a steady 35 minutes to go 7.6 miles so I dont arrive all sweaty!
Old 11-09-08, 07:51 PM   #57
rob13

Anyone been watching the Tour of Britain? Passes nearby me tomorrow so might head out to see it
Old 11-09-08, 07:59 PM   #58
Warthog

I am officially joining this thread! Just bought a bicycle. 18 speed, lights and helmet for £25 . I think the rest of you are getting ripped off
Old 11-09-08, 08:07 PM   #59
rob13

Also wish to ask Fizz what kind of figures you get on your TT? How long you riding it for, and what kind of avg speeds are you getting? I dont know whether or not its comparable with the road. Trying to keep my cadence above 80 though.

Lastly, anyone know how to achieve the proper seated position? I think ive got seat height correct as im not rolling on the saddle but fore/aft position im not so sure of...
Old 11-09-08, 08:14 PM   #60
punyXpress
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by robchester View Post
Anyone been watching the Tour of Britain? Passes nearby me tomorrow so might head out to see it
Went for a stroll to Dalby ( after the stage finish.
There were 30+ Police bikes there from as far afield as Devon & Cornwall and Scotland.
If they're there, we should be safe to play on the Queen's Highway!
punyXpress is offline   Reply With Quote