SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 30-11-23, 09:10 AM   #3801
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Default Re: The All New Megathread

Definitely! I've just been to look at it this morning (it was nearly dark when I finished yesterday afternoon) and it looks pretty good now. I went out to empty the teapot into the compost bin wearing my slippers (I'm allowed to - I'm a pensioner ) and they were still clean when I came back in.
garynortheast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-23, 07:16 PM   #3802
Sir Trev
Mega Poster

Every time I buy /get a new pair of slippers (I'm not a pensioner for a few years yet) I vow not to wear them outdoors. Usually lasts about a week as the shoe rack is by the front door and I cannot always be bothered getting my boots to empty the coffee grounds if I use the french press...

Before snyone suggests, we don't have space for even a small shoe rack by the back door unfortunately.
Old 01-12-23, 08:45 AM   #3803
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Morning org. Looks like we're finally getting the weather we should be getting for this time of the year. A good hard frost out there this morning, with clear skies. My favourite sort of winter weather!
Old 01-12-23, 10:01 AM   #3804
admin
John T
Mega Poster

Definitely chilly. I took the bike out for one last ride yesterday. My fingers hurt like hell after. Bike is now tucked away in the garage till March.

Sent from my moto g(50) using Tapatalk
Old 01-12-23, 01:12 PM   #3805
Craig380
Mega Poster

It's very selfish of me but I'm glad the weather hasn't been great while I've been in hosp.

The last ride I had in late October was a cracker, sunny, temperatures in the early teens and a bit of fun with a like-minded random rider on a Monster, swooping through the A6 twisties between Bakewell and Buxton. The thunder of his Termi cans mingling with the bark from my Yoshi echoing off the walls was

And the bike went away clean with no salt on it, too.
Craig380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-23, 08:03 AM   #3806
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Morning org. We seem to be back to October weather again now - mild and wet. I'd really like a spot of proper winter weather. The garden definitely needs it.
Old 05-12-23, 08:42 AM   #3807
Craig380
Mega Poster

Morning Gary. I'm home after 3 weeks of bwyd ysbyty (although in fairness, the Halal choices were very good).

Didn't have the vertebral pinning op done in the end: as I'm not an acute / urgent case, my consultant couldn't guarantee a surgery slot in the next 10 days, and on discussion with him we agreed that a non-invasive approach (meds / physio / targeted exercise) was worth trying. Not having it done is a risk, but given my history, having it done is also a risk. This way, I can still have the surgery if I really need it.
Old 05-12-23, 08:50 AM   #3808
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Morning Craig. Shame you had to spend a week in hospital before the medics made that decision. Hope the meds / physio / targeted exercise improves the situation for you.
Old 05-12-23, 09:25 AM   #3809
Craig380
Mega Poster

Thanks Gary - to be fair, it was ultimately my decision. When it became clear that I could be waiting for a while I had a good think over things.

The spine unit at Salford only has a finite capacity and so many patients in far, far worse situations than me. The simple fact is that there are 25,000 fewer hospital beds in the UK compared to 2010.
Old 05-12-23, 09:45 AM   #3810
admin
John T
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig380 View Post
Morning Gary. I'm home after 3 weeks of bwyd ysbyty (although in fairness, the Halal choices were very good).

Didn't have the vertebral pinning op done in the end: as I'm not an acute / urgent case, my consultant couldn't guarantee a surgery slot in the next 10 days, and on discussion with him we agreed that a non-invasive approach (meds / physio / targeted exercise) was worth trying. Not having it done is a risk, but given my history, having it done is also a risk. This way, I can still have the surgery if I really need it.
Sounds like a sensible course of action. Hope the non invasive treatment brings you some relief.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk