SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 21-06-10, 01:26 PM   #1
BrokenSV

Default Value of damaged SV 650 S

Hi,

After an attempted theft my 99 SVS is left with the plastics a bit broken but not completely irreparable. Indicators broken. Needs new ignition barrel as the key was also taken.

The bike has brand new Ohlins springs and a brand new GSXR back shock and brand new tyres.

I really just want to sell it now and not fix it. Can anyone give me an indication of how much it would be worth either for repair or as spares?

Thanks
Old 21-06-10, 01:42 PM   #2
Preston

Default Re: Value of damaged SV 650 S

Pics would help mate.miles its done?.. but the fact you have after market parts means nothing.. sorry to say but aftermarket parts are dead money on car's and bikes... not seeing the state of the bike i would say £800-900 ( dew to the year of the bike.. ) having said that my old SV650 2002 " as seen in my pic " even with gillies, pazzo short B/C levers, Ohlins springs with 20w oil. ohlins rear shock.custom extreme high lvl link pipe scorpian blue flame titanium can. supper sprox rear, hugger,led indicators,iridium buddle screen, titanium bolts all round, custom wing mirrors. only come to £2300 last year from my ins. after a old fart pulled out on me WAM!. no more bike, all it want was new clock mount front fairings top only and left gillie and left pazzo. but still they right it off... ( so i had all the after market parts off ) fitted the stock stuff back on.. still gave me the same price..

If you really wanna make your money back or get + more best thing would be to strip it down to the fram and sell it off in parts.. will always make more money this way.. E-bay is your friend. You will get Sod all as a part ex made be £300 if your lucky..

I take it your ins company are offering you naff all for it. and make it catagory C, so it can go back on the road.

Last edited by Preston; 21-06-10 at 01:49 PM.
Old 21-06-10, 01:52 PM   #3
BrokenSV

Ah yes of course, the mileage. I think it's on about 20K.

I'll put some pictures up later if I can muster the strength to drag it out of the garage with the steering lock on.

I guess I might be better to remove the after market parts and sell seperately but it's effort I'd rather not go to unless it's going to be particularly profitable and by the sounds of things it may not be the case.

I was hoping for 800-1000 so that would work for me.
Old 21-06-10, 01:57 PM   #4
_Stretchie_
Large Member
Mega Poster

Whereabouts you are also might help in the swift removal of this for you

Look right-> <-Look Left
_Stretchie_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-10, 01:59 PM   #5
BrokenSV

Oh, and at the time it was uninsured. I had it locked away in my garage off road but it turns out that it was not covered by the contents insurance of the garage as it's a motorised vehicle.

You could be right about splitting it down but I'm really looking for a quick sale (moving house) and not to spend too much effort on it but I'll take that under advisement
Old 21-06-10, 02:00 PM   #6
BrokenSV

I'm in Central Scotland, in between Glasgow and Edinburgh
Old 21-06-10, 02:40 PM   #7
Owenski

Who steals a key?
Old 21-06-10, 02:41 PM   #8
BrokenSV

The same kind of person who tries to jump start with from the mains then pushes it away down a steep grassy hill :s
Old 21-06-10, 02:46 PM   #9
Owenski

ahhh the criminally insane!
MUAAUAAHAHAAHA for I now have his key, muahahahahaha!
AR5EWHOLES! - glad ya got it back

I produced a excel spread sheet a while back which I sent to a few members on here listing the rough values of what you could get for stuff on ebay. I dont have it myself anymore but maybe someone could offer you it should they read this.
Old 21-06-10, 03:31 PM   #10
Preston

Look in your PM box..