SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Ecosse For all the lads and lassies north of the border

Old 12-12-11, 05:12 PM   #41
Milky Bar Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIII View Post
If i were to run this, I suggest a Date of Friday the 6th of July - Sunday 8th of July. I break up for 6 weeks on the 4th so I can be around to sort out final details, meet n greet folk on the friday. Sorry no vote, i will be busy uptil then and then going away for 2-3 weeks after. Also Armoy road race is on the 28th July.

if there is major objections to the time and place speak now or forever hold yer piece! Or anybody else's close at hand!

I would really appreciate help on this, setting up various threads to arrange who's stopping where and all the other stuff I haven't thought of!

As for a thick skin, in my proffesion I spend every day not givin a toss what other think of me or say (pupils & staff)

I will organise anything needed on the ground up here and will gladly accept and probably need, help and assistance. If I do miss out something just PM and we can sort it out together, please don't bitch behind my back and wait for me to fail. i hopefully have never upset anyone on here and if I have let me know.

Aye, we can sort a route out later? Fuel and Booze is avaiable in CD (Castle Douglas),fuel @ Dalry (he's a robbin git!) and an off license at Crossmichael. Just suggest bikes filled up before arriving on Friday afternoon?

The only speed cops are on the A75 (so be careful travelling to site), mobile camera vans, marked cars and unmarked cars (will pass on details of these later), no marked or unmarked bikes in D&G!
Zis est not exxxacccccerly true.

Whilst D&G no longer have bikes, Strathclyde cover our area on their bikes. They were down in the area a few times in the summer months. And the traffic do not just stick on the A75 and never have done. Everyone would defo still need to be sensible (not that I think you lot wouldn't be).
Old 12-12-11, 05:40 PM   #42
JamesMio
Mega Poster

Default Re: GM V Volunteers wanted

Ok, so we have a brave fool that's put himself forward, nice job Ron!

I'm more than happy to help or assist any way I can so just ask/shout. I'm also on very good terms with the Buccleuch in Moffat who/where I'd had in mind for lunch stop (loads of bike friendly eateries in Moffat).

All just suggestions, if you're taking this on then it's very much your gig - I'll help as much or little as you like and no offence shall be taken along the way!

Creatomatic
JamesMio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-11, 05:43 PM   #43
-Ralph-

Quote:
Friday the 6th of July - Sunday 8th of July.
Suits me boss!
Old 12-12-11, 06:02 PM   #44
SIII
Mega Poster

"The only speed cops are on the A75"

I know this is a bit of a generalisation, but 95+% of the time this is true. Never seen marked or unmarked cars doing speed duties off of the A75, haven't seen a marked bike all last year and occasionally see mobile van camera's on A711 or in Parton on side of Loch Ken but generally these are on the A75.
Old 12-12-11, 06:18 PM   #45
littleoldman2
Mega Poster

Location: Cramlington Northumberland where we are truely blessed

Hope to pop over for the ride out, nothing on that weekend I cannot cancel. Cannot stay over as already over the "goodwill" limit with the better half for next year.
Old 12-12-11, 08:21 PM   #46
MisterTommyH

Sounds good. Even better with it being so much closer. Will try and pop up again this year.
MisterTommyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-11, 08:39 PM   #47
Kilted Ginger

Well done SIII, i'm happy to either leave this a week or so to see if anyone else pitches up or we can take it as this is the GM, your call. Just let me know.
Quote:
If i were to run this, I suggest a Date of Friday the 6th of July - Sunday 8th of July. Like i said earlier if you are organising then you stipulate the date

I would really appreciate help on this, setting up various threads to arrange who's stopping where and all the other stuff I haven't thought of! As you'll see volunteers to help aren't usually a problem. I'm happy to set up / modify threads as and when required.

As for a thick skin, in my proffesion I spend every day not givin a toss what other think of me or say (pupils & staff):

I will organise anything needed on the ground up here and will gladly accept and probably need, help and assistance. If I do miss out something just PM and we can sort it out together, please don't bitch behind my back and wait for me to fail. i hopefully have never upset anyone on here and if I have let me know. PM'd

Aye, we can sort a route out later? Fuel and Booze is avaiable in CD (Castle Douglas),fuel @ Dalry (he's a robbin git!) and an off license at Crossmichael. Just suggest bikes filled up before arriving on Friday afternoon?

The only speed cops are on the A75 (so be careful travelling to site), mobile camera vans, marked cars and unmarked cars (will pass on details of these later), no marked or unmarked bikes in D&G!
As to this last point everybody is responsible for their own riding, on the whole the GM is normally relatively sensible.

Last edited by Kilted Ginger; 12-12-11 at 08:42 PM.
Old 13-12-11, 08:22 AM   #48
Tiger 55

Quote:
Friday the 6th of July - Sunday 8th of July
Whoo hoo! I can take a refreshment and throw some shapes on the Saturday night for the first time ever at the GM.

Good work fella, I'm in. Let me know if I can do anything for you.
Old 13-12-11, 09:12 AM   #49
The Guru

Quote:
...Friday the 6th of July - Sunday 8th of July...
So is this the Official Date for the GM V?
Old 13-12-11, 09:35 AM   #50
hongman

Think they were going to leave it a few days, if noone else pipes up then yes.