SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 22-11-05, 01:11 PM   #1
Saracen

Default Sidelight fuse?

The "side"light on my curvy won't illuminate. But I did a continuity check with a voltmeter and the bulb is fine. Is there a specific dedicated fuse for the sidelight? If so, which one?

Thanks.
Old 23-11-05, 12:18 PM   #2
Saracen

No one knows?

What other reason could there be for the sidelight not coming on?
Old 23-11-05, 12:25 PM   #3
Peter Henry

I am intrigued Saracen I had a pointy Sv. What is the side light on a Curvey? Where is it positioned?
Old 23-11-05, 03:07 PM   #4
Saracen

It's the little lens in between, and just above the two big lenses. Called the "position" light apparently
Old 23-11-05, 03:31 PM   #5
Peter Henry

Ah ok Im with you.Well I would suggest that it is most unlikely to have it's own fuse that is for sure. Just have a peep at wiring diagram in manual or maybe the fuse list. Confirm what other equipment is controlled by the same fuse.If all ok with everything else on that circuit then process of elimination..the prob is to do with that light only.Are you getting power to the bulb holder?

Dodgy bulb? loose or corroded connection? bad earth? There is not that much that could be at fault tbh. Good luck with it.