SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 13-11-08, 08:24 PM   #1
Shellywoozle
Mega Poster

Default Children in Need

I have to admit I kinda got caught up in other stuff and am not doing anything for Children in Need as in dressing up etc etc.

Is anyone else? If not would anyone want to donate thru me and I will send off a cheque, scan in the receipt of monies sent etc etc? Honest you can trust me seriously LOL

Just a thought ...... I am going to donate anyway somehow, always do.

Sure most people will donate locally, just a thought. I can do it via Paypal.
Black K4 Pointy named Zuky, OEM belly pan, OEM hugger, OEM cowl, R&G bungs, akrapovic system, tinted double bubble Fabbri screen, tail tidy, scottoiler, alarm, datatagged, lowered seat for short ass rider named Shell.

RIP PC David Rathband sad day 29/2/2012
Shellywoozle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-08, 08:29 PM   #2
Baph

Default Re: Children in Need

By orders of management, I'll be wearing pajamas in the office tomorrow for my shift. Anyone wearing pajamas has to pay a 'fine' - anyone not wearing pajamas has to be a higher 'fine.'

I haven't told them yet, but I only sleep in boxers, and don't own any pajamas.

There's also a couple of competitions going on, silly stuff like an eating competition. For that, 2 guys are going head to head eating very spicy foods. The looser donates a hefty wedge, and the whole office is sponsoring one or the other (roughly 100 people work in my office).

Someone has also hired a pudsey suit, and is going around all the other companies in the building tomorrow to drum up some more cash.
Old 13-11-08, 08:39 PM   #3
Paws

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baph View Post
By orders of management, I'll be wearing pajamas in the office tomorrow for my shift. Anyone wearing pajamas has to pay a 'fine' - anyone not wearing pajamas has to be a higher 'fine.'

I haven't told them yet, but I only sleep in boxers, and don't own any pajamas.

Hey copy cat-ive got to wear my pjs tomoz at work aswell , and im going on tv in them
Old 13-11-08, 08:45 PM   #4
Baph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paws View Post
Hey copy cat-ive got to wear my pjs tomoz at work aswell , and im going on tv in them
Do you wear as little as me? If so, what channel?
Old 13-11-08, 10:16 PM   #5
Paws

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baph View Post
Do you wear as little as me? If so, what channel?

lol i wear less-only in summer though, winter is warm flufy pj's time
Old 14-11-08, 06:57 AM   #6
Tara

i'm not in work today but they are all dressing up in sports gear one of girls is going as a ice hockey player. they got table football and darts at lunchtime too.
Old 14-11-08, 12:09 PM   #7
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

I fricken hate Children in Need. For some reason the whole thing just drives me bonkers. We've had the usual cavalcade of people dressed up in funny costumes and doing whacky things to raise money.

I've no problem with the actual charity, however its not one I choose to support so every time I quitely decline the opporunity to donate I get funny looks or people moan at me about the fact that I choose not to donate money.

Its almost like being made to feel like I'm a bad person because I dont get on board or put some money in the bucket.

Just as I said in another thread I'd rather put my money towards a charity where I can see where the money is going rather than a big pot such as children in need.

Sorry rant over...

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-08, 12:17 PM   #8
Kinvig

what's with all this talk of pjs?
Old 14-11-08, 12:28 PM   #9
Mogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzwheel View Post
Its almost like being made to feel like I'm a bad person because I dont get on board or put some money in the bucket.

Sorry rant over...
With two kids in different schools, both have to pay the fine for non-uniform and buy the charity cakes, put money in the bucket held up by the menacing clown at the railway station. Pay up at the office, I feel thoroughly fleeced.

I dont mind donating once and giving a respectable amount, but to split the same amount make you look mean.
Old 14-11-08, 02:11 PM   #10
Gazza77

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzwheel View Post
I fricken hate Children in Need. For some reason the whole thing just drives me bonkers. We've had the usual cavalcade of people dressed up in funny costumes and doing whacky things to raise money.

I've no problem with the actual charity, however its not one I choose to support so every time I quitely decline the opporunity to donate I get funny looks or people moan at me about the fact that I choose not to donate money.

Just as I said in another thread I'd rather put my money towards a charity where I can see where the money is going rather than a big pot such as children in need.

Sorry rant over...
+1.

Then Triumph Sprint ST with scottoiler and R&Gs & TOR exhaust

Now Benelli Tornado
Gazza77 is offline   Reply With Quote