SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 26-05-06, 06:23 AM   #1
Lissa
Just Ballast
Mega Poster

Default Apologies..............

If I upset or offended anyone last night by my comments on the 'Suicide' thread.

I am naturally very sensitive about the subject because of my brother, but I shouldn't have made the comment about GYND and others like him being lower than a snakes belly.

Everyone IS entitled to their own opinion, and I should have just done what I eventually did, went off to lick my wounds in private.

Sorry folks.

I'd Rather Have Two Big Bangs Than Four Little Strokes
Lissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-06, 06:33 AM   #2
Tara

I think yesterday touched a nerve with most people (myself included) Take it easy Lissa
Old 26-05-06, 07:15 AM   #3
21QUEST
Mega Poster

I did not know what you were referencing so just checked up. Personally I would
not .......

More to say but not the place. What I would say is my admiration goes out to you

Cheers
Ben
Blue, mate, having read a lot of your stuff I'd say 'in your head' is unknown territory for most of us
21QUEST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-06, 07:25 AM   #4
keithd

i've read the thread, and you've no need to apologise at all lissa
Old 26-05-06, 07:37 AM   #5
Jabba

Lissa,

I haven't read the whole thread.........

Sounds like one of those occasional GYKD provocative posts that used to be posted to stimulate debate, sometimes less than wholesome.

I don't know whther you need to apologise or not, but others seem to think not. However, you have apologised and that's both brave and decent of you. Much more decent that the first post in that thread IMHO.

In other words, don't worry about it.
Old 26-05-06, 07:58 AM   #6
TC3

I Just read the thread Lissa. You had every right to say what you did. GYKD is full of it most the time and will post anything to seek attention.
Sorry for your loss Lissa.
GYKD contrdicts himself a lot....as Lynn pointed out and i hope he can see the sense in posting more suitable topics in the future
Old 26-05-06, 08:08 AM   #7
jonboy

No apology necessary Lissa (well, certainly not from you at any rate).

Old 26-05-06, 08:26 AM   #8
Shinsei Jutsu

I got part way through that thread, but couldn't believe how sick some people are. no need to appologise Lissa.

I hope there will be another topic with a similar title from you know who.
Old 26-05-06, 08:47 AM   #9
Anonymous

Lissa, as far as i am concerned there is absolutely nothing to apologise for. You're comments were based on belief and experience and thats perfectly alright.

I said a lot of things i shouldnt have, other people did the same.

The more people argue with me, the more i argue back, and things tend to get way out of control, especially on a forum where you cant see the context or expression in how something is said/meant.

At the end of the day, its only a motorcycle forum. I dont know the folks on here, they dont know me. To pass judgement on people based on however many posts that person has made on here, to me, is just incomprehensible. The thread was posted a) to let you know what was happening in York (like many people post about their own towns when something happens) b) to create debate. Naturally given the nature and subject of the debate, it opened the gates to some extremely sensitive personal experiences.

For that, i wish to apologise.

If i caused anyone to relive hard memories, or dug up some past which was perhaps best left in the corner of ones mind, I'm sorry.
Old 26-05-06, 08:49 AM   #10
Aurora

You've no need to apologise Lissa, I'm guessing that thread was meant to upset/rile a few people.