SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 22-06-06, 03:07 PM   #61
BigDog

I was once told while sitting in the back of an unmarked omega and watching my highlights that as my average was 98.7 MPH I was only 1 1/2 MPH average from an instant ban. I was told this by the director in an HV vest, that was 12 years ago.
Old 22-06-06, 03:16 PM   #62
Viney
Mega Poster

Hall, have you thought that they wheren't actully following you, that they may just have been on patrol, and that you where/are just dead unlucky. after a recent conversation that we had in your store, it seems that you may be being harrassed. That may help in the situatation if you can remember all the times and dates etc etc. Just a thought.

I got done at an average of 124mph years ago. 5 Points, £790 fine and £60 costs was the punishment.
Viney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-06, 03:33 PM   #63
BillyC
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daimo
Its not the speeding thats the problem, its the getting caught.... Just got to be more weary of whats behined you next time im afraid.
If getting caught is the only problem you can see with it, then I think you have a very perverted view of how others perceive your actions.

Speeding can be extremely antisocial and upset a lot of people - not just other road users, but those whose houses and offices you pass, pedestrians, and generally anyone who was enjoying a tranquil existence.

It's not about being caught or not, it's about roadmanship (among other things) and not agravating other's perceptions.

100+ mph won't necessarily get you a ban, but it will get you to Court without any trouble. From there you'll have to enjoy the video of yourself... and then try and defend it. What is there to defend when you clearly so blatantly broke the law, and the evidence is so damning?
Old 22-06-06, 03:34 PM   #64
BillyC
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viney
I got done at an average of 124mph years ago. 5 Points, £790 fine and £60 costs was the punishment.
Ouch!
Old 22-06-06, 03:40 PM   #65
Viney
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viney
Ouch!
Exactly. I was young and stupid...now just Stupid.
Old 22-06-06, 03:43 PM   #66
Daimo

Quote:
If getting caught is the only problem you can see with it, then I think you have a very perverted view of how others perceive your actions.

Speeding can be extremely antisocial and upset a lot of people - not just other road users, but those whose houses and offices you pass, pedestrians, and generally anyone who was enjoying a tranquil existence.

It's not about being caught or not, it's about roadmanship (among other things) and not agravating other's perceptions.

100+ mph won't necessarily get you a ban, but it will get you to Court without any trouble. From there you'll have to enjoy the video of yourself... and then try and defend it. What is there to defend when you clearly so blatantly broke the law, and the evidence is so damning?
Nice to see the respect and friendlyness towards another SV user......... Good way to keep the close bond....

What on a motorway, your worried about peoples houses.... This isn't a discussion about bombing through a city centre or village....

Thats like saying, oooo i feel sorry for those poeple living next to a race circuit!!!!

End of the day, if someone isn't happy becuase people speed past their house, move to another house........ Theres millions of them out there..

They won't take the video to the court-room. He will get a letter offering him to come and view the video, be it by himself, or with a solicitor.

I went and viewed mine myself.

Tbh, just seems like your arguing, or maybe your opinion really is that different to mine.

I speed on the motorway, i tend to stick under 3 figures also. When i come into London, my riding style changes 100%. The only other thing thats the same is the fact im still on the bike..... So im not quite sure where your pedestrian thing is coming from... If other people have issues with my driving/riding, then that is their issue, not mine. It only becomes my issue if I do something to make them swerve or cause other road users danger. If they jump becuase i go past, well, if they were checking their mirrors every few seconds like they should be, they wouldn't jump as they would see me.

OR are you just trying to create an argument? AS i dont usually see pedestrians on the motorway...
Old 22-06-06, 03:50 PM   #67
DanDare

Quote:

End of the day, if someone isn't happy becuase people speed past their house, move to another house........ Theres millions of them out there..
I see your point of view, I'm not sure I agree with it but I respect it!

But this comment is a bit daft in an otherwise interesting thread.

Chill Dude Daimo, its all good.

Still at least theres no chance in getting caught speeding in a Vauxhall!

* Runs and dives behind filling cabinet in a Matrix/ Max Payne Stylleee*
Old 22-06-06, 03:50 PM   #68
Viney
Mega Poster

Quote:
Nice to see the respect and friendlyness towards another SV user......... Good way to keep the close bond....
Just because you ride the same bike dont make us all the same.

Quote:
Interesting view
Old 22-06-06, 03:52 PM   #69
gavhogg

Quote:
Quote:
Its not the speeding thats the problem, its the getting caught.... Just got to be more weary of whats behined you next time im afraid.

Don't take this the wrong way mate, but are you a copper?????
Old 22-06-06, 03:54 PM   #70
Daimo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanDare

I see your point of view, I'm not sure I agree with it but I respect it!

But this comment is a bit daft in an otherwise interesting thread.

Chill Dude Daimo, its all good.

Still at least theres no chance in getting caught speeding in a Vauxhall!

* Runs and dives behind filling cabinet in a Matrix/ Max Payne Stylleee*
Maybe, but its still how I personnally think. But thats another subject

Hey mon, as said earlier, im totally chilled, as i say, what im writing may not convay how im feeling/the mood im in.

Emails and internet, a terrible, but also superb for of communication

PS, i was in my Corsa when i got caught