SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 05-11-06, 07:40 AM   #1
philipMac

Default I've got that JOY JOY JOY JOY down in my heart...

I know that I am counting chickens before they have hatched and things... but, I cant help but smile and rub my hands together in anticipation.

On the one hand you have Bush's evangelical advisor buying crystal meth from a gay masseuse,
linky
which is undeniably hilarious and tasty at the same time.

And then on the other hand, you have the military telling Bush they want Rumsfeld out, as they realise that they have lost the war...
linky

In the mean time you have the republican house leader standing up and blaming the looming defeat on the US troops being crap.

vid linky

However these elections might not be considered elections in the traditional sense of the word Since Diebold runs many of them. Exactly how these lovely people are going to make sure whoever they like to win is outlined in the new HBO documentory Hacking Democracy.
linky
Diebold in the mean time are trying to sue people so that no one knows what a joke their voter machines are.

(Just to get an idea about how shockingly bad these machines are, they had an election of 8 people. "Can these machines be hacked.' They used real machines, treated everything as a real election, and voted. 6 people voted no. Two voted yes.
Election result... 7-1 victory to yes. Oh dear. )
Old 05-11-06, 11:37 AM   #2
lynw

Read this yesterday at my mums:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...n_page_id=1770

Interesting reading - I liked this bit particularly since its spot on how Bush is perceived worldwide:

Quote:
Then there is Iran. An Iranian friend of mine — who despises the regime in Tehran — said to me sardonically a few months ago: 'How much do you think the Islamic Republic of Iran has paid George Bush?'

'What do you mean?' I asked.

'Well,' my friend responded, 'Bush has done more to help the regime achieve its foreign policy objectives than anyone else in 27 years.'

From the moment Ayatollah Khomeini came to power in 1989, after the overthrow of the Shah, the Islamic regime has wanted a few simple things: to destroy Iraq's military power, to get rid of a dangerous rival in Saddam Hussein, to extend the Shia revolution, to expand Islamic fundamentalism, and to make America look bad, as 'the Great Satan' in the Middle East.

In the course of his presidency, Mr Bush has accomplished all those goals for them. Perhaps it should be the Iranian leader Mahmoud Ahmadinejad who should be posing in front of a banner with the words 'Mission Accomplished'.
Old 05-11-06, 03:49 PM   #3
philipMac

Yeah.
This point about about the world uniting in its contempt for the US is very interesting. Like the comedian was saying, its cool to be anti American. And how this has forced people to look at Bushes enemies in a favorable light.

Enemie's enemies and all that.
I have to say, I am very keen to like Chavez, and will listen closely to what Ahmadinejad says, looking for sensible statements, as opposed to the opposite.
Jong-il is a nutter, no matter how you look at it.
But, I think it used to be very easy to just group all anti American countries as baddies, and now the general public are not buying this so much, seeing how badly the US behaves to the rest of the world.

And now Saddam is getting hanged?

Awesome. That place is going to go apesh!t, and blood will flow.
Once again... oh dear.
Old 05-11-06, 03:54 PM   #4
Biker Biggles
Mega Poster

The blood never stopped flowing in Iraq.
I do keep thinking of the old Who lyric------The men who stirred us on
Sitting judgement on our wrongs.
Old 05-11-06, 04:08 PM   #5
philipMac

You are right Biggles... but this has to step it up a notch, no?

I have just realised... look at the timing of this. Two days before an election that they are screwed in.

This is being done for a bump in the polls.

All those hard core Saddam caused 9/11 heads (and they exist cause this is what some of the US media told them) will be thinking this is ace altogether.

Yaay America. Hang'em high. Yeehawww. We shure lernd them EyeRackies. We showed them who's boss.

Whereas the guys actually out there are bricking it.
Old 05-11-06, 04:16 PM   #6
UlsterSV

Hussein was the only one capable of keeping a lid on things in Iraq. Ruthless people require a ruthless leader. I don't believe half the horror stories about what Saddam supposedly did anyway. Who seriously believes a 'liberal democracy' is going the keep the people in check? They fought the war half-ass and they'll govern the country half-ass, and countless more innocent Iraqis will die for the privilege.

USA! USA! USA!
Old 05-11-06, 04:22 PM   #7
Demonz

Quote:
Originally Posted by UlsterSV
Hussein was the only one capable of keeping a lid on things in Iraq. Ruthless people require a ruthless leader. I don't believe half the horror stories about what Saddam supposedly did anyway. Who seriously believes a 'liberal democracy' is going the keep the people in check? They fought the war half-ass and they'll govern the country half-ass, and countless more innocent Iraqis will die for the privilege.

USA! USA! USA!
Would've been a brave man to make that statement a year or two ago. Saddam or Bush - for me they are the same evil.
Old 05-11-06, 04:30 PM   #8
Smurf

Quote:
Originally Posted by philipMac
I am very keen to like Chavez, and will listen closely to what Ahmadinejad says, looking for sensible statements, as opposed to the opposite.
Ortega might get back in too

If you ever want to see everything that is hypocritical, self-serving and amoral in US foreign policy just look at what they did to the Sandinista's when their brutal puppet dictator was overthrown*

*= Also see Indonesia, Uruguay, Paraguay, Haiti, the Philippines, Guatemala, El Salvador, Chile, Iraq, Saudi...........
Old 05-11-06, 05:12 PM   #9
21QUEST
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmonsta
Quote:
Originally Posted by UlsterSV

USA! USA! USA!
Would've been a brave man to make that statement a year or two ago. Saddam or Bush - for me they are the same evil.

Gmonsta, I have to say not at all.

It was and has always been the case that it was all going to end in a big cluster feck.
The only thing one can thing of is that the Government advisors are obviously not as smart as people think or just a simple case of 'the end justifies the means' .

Cheers
Ben
Blue, mate, having read a lot of your stuff I'd say 'in your head' is unknown territory for most of us
21QUEST is offline   Reply With Quote