SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 07-06-14, 02:49 PM   #71
TamSV
Mega Poster

Default Re: Re: New Job, cheap bills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddyjob View Post
new money & old rope spring to mind. Need to have a great product to get customers on board & attract them from their current 'suppliers'. By the sounds of this, its no different to what they can get directly.
For people who are regular switchers and who are all over the cashback schemes, it's going to be fairly difficult to produce a better deal because they're already doing it on a self service basis, which is easy to do these days.

But there's a load of people who don't shop around ever, because they don't know how to do it, can't be bothered or have had a poor experience in the past. It's easy to get a better deal for them but they're hard to reach through the normal marketing routes and even a best price strategy won't work because they'll never see it.

You can get to those customers if you recruit the people they trust to be advocates for your brand. You pay them a commission instead of spending an advertising budget. You don't need to cheapest, just good enough. You've also got a large commission only sales force to talk you up online and stuff the review sites.

The sales force with the largest network of people who trust them will potentially do OK out of it. Personally, I've always followed the rule that I can make friends out of my customers but I don't make customers out of my friends.
TamSV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-14, 02:54 PM   #72
TamSV
Mega Poster

Default Re: Re: New Job, cheap bills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt-EUC View Post
They didn't give me any money...
Did you have to give them money?

From what I know of these things there's usually a starter pack or similar. The psychology of it being to get you on the hook before your enthusiasm wears off so you'll bring customers in early to try and get your investment back.
TamSV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-14, 03:03 PM   #73
tigersaw
Mega Poster

Default Re: New Job, cheap bills.

Quote:
Have a look at the "Cashback Card".

How many of you shop or buy fuel at Sainsbury's? Buy stuff at M&S? Buy stuff on ebay?
Nope - I use reward gateway. 10% off B+Q, homebase, currys, 5% off sainsburys, 7.5% M+S, 8% Argos etc. Not a cashback, straight discount.
Is it better than that?
tigersaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-14, 03:10 PM   #74
Bibio
Mega Poster

poor Matt, the guy is trying to make a few £ and we are all extracting the urine.

hey Matt my phone company gives away 3 free months if i sign other people up, do you want to be my friend
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-14, 04:28 PM   #75
Teejayexc

Quote:
It's called "network marketing" not pyramid selling.

Sent via the medium of interpretative dance.

Nope, it's called ..I need to get a life.
Teejayexc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-14, 04:45 PM   #76
Spank86

Quote:
Have a look at the "Cashback Card".

How many of you shop or buy fuel at Sainsbury's? Buy stuff at M&S? Buy stuff on ebay?

It works like a prepaid card from the post office, kind of, top it up with as much as you want, and use it to buy things. A percentage of what you spend will come off your bill. There are people who use it so much that we actually owe THEM money.
5%

and you wind up paying about 3% just to put money on the thing.
Old 07-06-14, 04:51 PM   #77
Spank86

Quote:
"Network marketing"

Before you say you shan't partake, PM me the info detailed above and we'll see if we can sort you out shall we?

You don't have to become a distributor, but you may benefit from being a customer.

Sent via the medium of interpretative dance.
The difference between "network marketing" and a pyramid scheme is the existence of a product, the product may be peripheral to the profits but it's there.

That's all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibio View Post
poor Matt, the guy is trying to make a few £ and we are all extracting the urine.
Who's he trying to make the money from? I think that gives us the right.

To be fair it's not a terrible deal in itself, the gas and electricity quotes are obviously crap, I mean we all know they're shot in the dark estimates based on averages and if you use more that they think they'll always seem cheaper until you get a bill. If you really want to compare prices go on money saving expert and use their checker, at least it's impartial.

The phone and Broadband prices are never going to set the world on fire, there's so much competition in the market (we basically have some of the cheapest in the world) that they can't possibly shave much off the normal cheap rates of the smaller providers.
Old 07-06-14, 05:36 PM   #78
Matt-EUC
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teejayexc View Post
Nope, it's called ..I need to get a life.
No, what I've done is get a second job to supplement my income so that I can actually pay my rent. To have a life, one must first live.

White 650 V-Strom
-No mods
Blue curvy 650 (OMFG I FIXED IT!!!)
-200mm Delkevic Stubby.
Matt-EUC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-14, 05:38 PM   #79
Matt-EUC
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spank86 View Post
Who's he trying to make the money from? I think that gives us the right.
I make around £3 p/m for a customer that takes all the services plus some extras. I don't think you have much of a right to take the pizz..

White 650 V-Strom
-No mods
Blue curvy 650 (OMFG I FIXED IT!!!)
-200mm Delkevic Stubby.
Matt-EUC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-14, 06:02 PM   #80
Specialone

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterTommyH View Post
I'm sorry mate, but this page looks like a pyramid to me

If you can make it work for you, then good luck to you. But I won't be partaking.
That's exactly what a pyramid is and how it works, if the customer at the bottom of it is paying for all the reps above them then that's a lot of middle men, that can't be cheaper than just shopping around and going directly to the suppliers.