SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 08-02-18, 12:15 PM   #1
Seeker
Mega Poster

Default Furygan jacket sizing

This is a heads up and a trip down a rabbit hole. First off - the average male's waist is 8 inches smaller than his chest (apparently). Not mine - the closest I ever got to that was when I was in my 20s and then had a 29 in waist/36 in chest.

My waist now is 32 in and so I usually have to buy a 38 inch jacket to allow for that although my chest is still close to 36 in.

I finally decided I wanted the Furygan Dark Evo jacket - available on ebay and most motorcycle retailers. On ebay you would frequently find a Furygan size chart which (after researching) comes from Nevis (the distributor), on this chart Medium = 40. This chart agrees with Furygan's own chart on their site which says Medium = 38/40.

I enquired with various sources, including Furygan's own who never replied, regarding the waist size for a small jacket but eventually decided that I would end up with a Medium anyway so I ordered a 40 from Sportsbikeshop.

When it arrived, it looked good - arm length correct, chest ok but when zipped up, it was (ahem) snug around the waist. When I checked the label, it said it was a S/34-36. It looked great as long as I didn't move...

I contacted SBS and they said a 40 is a Small, if I wanted a Medium it would be a 42 which wasn't mentioned on their website - since when has a 40 been a small?

I thought about keeping the Small in the hope of it stretching with use but I've been down that road before, unsuccessfully. I reasoned that a 42 would have longer arms, bigger chest etc, so I abandoned it and returned it (gloom).

So, my advice if buying a Furygan jacket is try it on before purchase or get detailed info from retailer on size. Although, I tried the latter and still wasn't informed about F/gans inaccurate sizing. SBS didn't quibble on my returning the jacket and issued an RMA promptly complete with a return label which was good but I feel that better information on the webpage would have stopped me wasting/waisting (!) my time.

Meanwhile, I've contacted Scott per Bibio's advice to see how much a jacket would cost to fit my mutant shape.
Seeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-18, 06:21 PM   #2
Littlepeahead
Mega Poster

Default Re: Furygan jacket sizing

Talk to Hideout. If you are nearly regular size Kate there can tweak off the peg and their leathers are superb.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Old 09-02-18, 08:32 AM   #3
NTECUK
Mega Poster

Furygan wind textile in XL for my 33 waist and 42 chest.
Fits fine with plenty of room for a fliece
Old 09-02-18, 12:31 PM   #4
NTECUK
Mega Poster

Yep I have a red and black Woolf leather it's just right.! 42 UK
My Furygan textile is plane old black and tiny bit of White .
Def not Snazzy ( yep it's a real expression in my world).
I'm trying to figure out how to make it a bit more urban freindly.
You can't beat trying stuff on tbh.
Because you get verification in machining.