SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Rideouts & Meetings Arrange get togethers and rideouts

Old 29-01-10, 07:39 PM   #1
ManxMatt34

Default Plan'O'Man Information and Final Signup Thread

Plan '0' Man Rideout weekend to the Isle of Man.

Dates : Friday the 7th of May till Monday 10th of May (Note you are more than welcome and may benefit staying longer, i know i will be).

Location: http://www.peelonline.net/wheretostay/campsite.htm (Yes they know were coming deposit paid and documents been sent out to us).

The campsite is located a 4-5 minute walk from Peel town centre with all needed amenities i.e. Plenty of pubs/eating outlets, 2 Laundrettes, supermarket, 3-4 more local based stores, several free charging bank machines, 2 petrol stations.

Winter Pics: http://s755.photobucket.com/albums/x...winter%20pics/

The campsites key features as quoted on there website:

Swimming Pool next door
Supermarket - 400 meters
Pub- 600 meters
Free parking
Electric hook-up points
Disabled facilities
Pay phone
Shower and toilet facilities
Laundry and drying room
Television room
Hairdryers
Reception office
All major credit cards accepted
AA & RAC listed
Two key grading - IoM Government

Rates for 2010:
Adults £7, Children £3.50 (Per person per night)
Camper vans £5 per night (additional cost)
Electricity hook-up £4 per night (limited availability)

Boats:

http://www.steam-packet.com/SteamPacket/Book-Now/

At the current time for an idea of pricing, currently to sail anytime of days return 7th till the 10th of may (fri - mon). Costs £79.50 flat across the board. Essentially you should be paying no more than £100 return if booked enough in advance.

You can play around on the right hand side of the page (speak to your friends etc...) so you can prehaps travel in groups or as many together see when they are arriving/leaving the island.
We will not be organising travel for people but will advise when and where we can, feel free to pm us

Bare in mind certain days may be cheaper/more expensive and like flying the longer you wait to book the higher the price will become.

The Plan of the weekend/week itself (so far):

Thursday :
Dave and me start setting up in Peel, people are more than welcome to join us early but nothing exciting will be happening during that day and friday will probably involve lots of picking up from the sea terminal.

Friday :
Hopefully most people will sail during this day over, me and Dave will meet you off the boat the campsite is then a 20 minute drive away. I am more than happy to do several runs throughout the day and quite expect to. This will be a meet and greet day/evening nothing heavy

Saturday :
Main rideout featuring some fantastic roads, followed by a run around the course with a couple of stops to point out some of the extreme danger points on the course (well worth attending straight after rideout).

Sunday :
I myself am debating whether to run a second rideout this day, also of course including some more laps ., we have asked some very knowledgable friends to assist with course tips and possible ride throughs schedules allowing

Monday onwards:
I will be on site till atleast wednesday and will be out on the bike with whoever decides to stay longer if they wish, the island is always buzzing in may, everything is open so theres plenty to do and i will post ideas/events nearer the time. Also i will be happy to just run out on the bike people show them roads etc....While dave shows the more social side of the island

We have tried to cover all reasonable requirements but if you need anything or have any concerns please ask, there is no such thing as a stupid question and if you want to know someone else probably does as well

Additional Notes:
This IS NOT an official rideout it's a holiday for me and Dave plus however many orgers. You ride and attend at your own risk.

Myself and Davepreston accept no responsibility for legal action or any other hidden costs, cancellations of boats, closure of roads, weather, beer drinking incidents and similair :P. (sorry had to be said).

I would strongly recommend taking out/looking at travel insurance if you are with BUPA it also may be worth asking them as you may not need travel insurance if they already cover you to be over here.

I would also check your break down covers (granted not an issue on such a small island), and bike insurance to ride over here.

Finally this is a social event, yes we love bikes but we prefer our mates, getting together and making new mates ,catching up with old brethern, and adding some cracking roads in the process

That is all for now. Matt

P.s. additional information on hotels and more pictures/videos of peel itself will be posted over the weekend.

Last edited by ManxMatt34; 20-02-10 at 11:07 AM.
Old 29-01-10, 08:46 PM   #2
Icanopit

Default Re: Plan'O'Man Information and Final Signup Thread

Thanks MATT & DAVE look forward to more info during the coming days

JOHN

Old 29-01-10, 08:56 PM   #3
davepreston

WHO..................... LANDING...... ...........am/pm/eve......................... LEAVING..................................... STAYING
Dave preston ......... 6th may.......................... am ................................11th may...................................... camping
Manx Matt.............. 6th may.......................... am................................ 12th may ..................................... camping

Last edited by davepreston; 29-01-10 at 08:58 PM.
Old 29-01-10, 09:24 PM   #4
orose

WHO..................... LANDING...... ...........am/pm/eve......................... LEAVING..................................... STAYING
Dave preston .......... 6th may...................... am ........................... 11th may..................................... camping
Manx Matt.............. 6th may...................... am............................ 12th may .................................... camping

orose.................. 6th May...................... eve........................... 12th May .................................... camping

Sorry... had an OCD moment
Old 01-02-10, 01:37 PM   #5
Paul the 6th
Mega Poster

WHO............... LANDING...............am/pm/eve............... LEAVING...............STAYING
1. Dave preston
...............6th may...............am...............11th may............... camping
2. Manx Matt
...................6th may...............am...............12th may...............camping
3. orose
.......................6th May...............eve...............12th May
4. Paul of teh 6
...............7th may..............TBC...............10th/11th May (subject to work&boats)....camping

Cbf600, sv650, sv1000, gsxr 750 srad, KTM adventure 950, gsxr 750 k1, gsxr 750 srad, fazer 1000, zx9r ninja..

Last edited by Paul the 6th; 01-02-10 at 04:13 PM.
Paul the 6th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-10, 03:34 PM   #6
Icanopit

1. Dave preston .......... 6th may................... am ........................... 11th may..................................... camping
2. Manx Matt.............. 6th may................... am............................ 12th may .................................... camping
3. orose.................. 6th May................... eve........................... 12th May .................................... camping
4. Paul of the 6...........7th May....................TBC........................ .. 10/11th May(subject to work&boats) ............. camping
5. Icanopit................6th May................... eve............................11th May .................................... hotel/b&b

Last edited by Luckypants; 01-02-10 at 05:00 PM. Reason: sorting out font colour
Old 01-02-10, 08:35 PM   #7
DarrenSV650S
Mega Poster

#..WHO.............. LANDING... am/pm/eve... LEAVING.......... STAYING
1..Dave preston
..... 6th May...... am....... 11th May......... camping
2..Manx Matt
........ 6th May...... am....... 12th May......... camping
3..orose
............ 6th May...... eve...... 12th May......... camping
4..Paul of teh 6.... 7th may...... TBC...... 10th/11th May.... camping
5..DarrenSV650S..... 7th may...... pm....... 11th May......... camping
DarrenSV650S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-10, 08:40 PM   #8
Paul the 6th
Mega Poster

1..Dave preston..... 6th May...... am....... 11th May......... camping
2..Manx Matt........ 6th May...... am....... 12th May......... camping
3..orose............ 6th May...... eve...... 12th May......... camping
5. Icanopit ........ 6th may...... eve...... 11th may......... hotel/b&b
6..DarrenSV650S..... 7th may...... pm....... 11th May......... camping

Cbf600, sv650, sv1000, gsxr 750 srad, KTM adventure 950, gsxr 750 k1, gsxr 750 srad, fazer 1000, zx9r ninja..

Last edited by Paul the 6th; 01-02-10 at 08:48 PM.
Paul the 6th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-10, 08:42 PM   #9
DarrenSV650S
Mega Poster

edit... Sorry Icanopit. I didn't mean to miss you out. I didn't see your post because it is white text on a white background

5. Icanopit......... 6th may...... eve...... 11th may......... hotel/b&b

Last edited by DarrenSV650S; 01-02-10 at 08:52 PM.
DarrenSV650S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-10, 06:04 PM   #10
Dave20046
Mega Poster

5. Icanopit......... 6th may...... eve...... 11th may......... hotel/b&b