SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 03-06-08, 09:19 AM   #21
pencil shavings

Default Re: Bandit Cafe Racer

And I would have had one of these if it killed me

Old 03-06-08, 10:00 AM   #22
rictus01
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by pencil shavings View Post
And I would have had one of these if it killed me

Bit to "home made" looking for me although funnily enough I am thinking of one of these for next year, as a play thing of course.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride!
rictus01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-08, 10:23 AM   #23
wyrdness

Quote:
Originally Posted by rictus01 View Post
Bit to "home made" looking for me although funnily enough I am thinking of one of these for next year, as a play thing of course.

I rather like that. Musn't enquire how much.
Old 03-06-08, 10:24 AM   #24
plowsie

Looks like a nice suped up monster
Old 03-06-08, 04:25 PM   #25
Sean_C

A griso 1200 with some nice pipes on it, wonderful sound

That aprilia is lovely, I'd put a 7 or 8 inch round headlight on it though!
Old 03-06-08, 05:56 PM   #26
pencil shavings

Quote:
Originally Posted by rictus01 View Post

The home made look is kind of apealing to me, I think because it shows graft? That MG looks abit too cruiser for my liking, uncomfotable and unpractical cafe if what im after! lol. I think once I finish my last year at uni and get a real job Im going to get an old 600 bandit, strip/clean/service completly and rebuild as a cafe, somthing Ive wanted to do for a few years, as my mechanical knowledge could do with being improved!
Old 03-06-08, 06:04 PM   #27
Sean_C

I'd quite like to pick up a bike to turn into a cafe racer, when I've got more money and time to spare. Something like a TL.... nice big thumping twin, I think that'd be nice!
Old 03-06-08, 06:07 PM   #28
pencil shavings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean_C View Post
I'd quite like to pick up a bike to turn into a cafe racer, when I've got more money and time to spare. Something like a TL.... nice big thumping twin, I think that'd be nice!
Yeah, you could streetfighter it, but the frame is all wrong to get the traditional cafe racer look, thats why Ive decided on the bandit, plus their are loads of bits you can butcher for it to make it exactly how I want it! But putting the TL engine in the bandit................
Old 03-06-08, 06:25 PM   #29
Sean_C

Modern cafe racer then. I like the tubular frames, much more than i like the look of beam frames.. I'd have a different seat unit on it and probably a different tank, I quite like the sound of that kind of thing.
Old 03-06-08, 06:35 PM   #30
pencil shavings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean_C View Post
Modern cafe racer then. I like the tubular frames, much more than i like the look of beam frames.. I'd have a different seat unit on it and probably a different tank, I quite like the sound of that kind of thing.
Thats why you have a curvey

yeha, a different tank I think is really key, and might be the make or break of the over all look.

Looking forward to spending the winter looking for a rough bandit now!