SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 24-05-13, 03:42 PM   #1621
Berlin

Default Re: The weight loss Thread

Day 19, 18-and-a-bit lbs lost. We had a BBQ, I had a steak. It happens.

C
Old 25-05-13, 04:22 PM   #1622
Berlin

Day 20 - 19 lbs lost.

7 days to go.
Old 28-05-13, 10:04 AM   #1623
Owenski

Did you get any before/aftershots Carl?
Old 28-05-13, 02:23 PM   #1624
Berlin

I did but I ain't posing in the nuddy on here for ya! I'm now Dow three belt holes and I've gone from a pot to concave stomach in three weeks. It's just been too busy here to weigh myself each day. Moving into the new house, digging 200 ft trenches for services, getting the tents ready for the summer, chasing bears ( a lot of bears!). I'll be coming off the diet on Friday so I'll have a final weigh in then but I'm expecting total loss to be about 25-26lbs. I'll be going back on it in about 6 weeks to lose the same again and then I'll be done

C
Old 28-05-13, 06:38 PM   #1625
andrewsmith
Mega Poster

Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, Just south of salad dodging country

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berlin View Post
I did but I ain't posing in the nuddy on here for ya! I'm now Dow three belt holes and I've gone from a pot to concave stomach in three weeks. It's just been too busy here to weigh myself each day. Moving into the new house, digging 200 ft trenches for services, getting the tents ready for the summer, chasing bears ( a lot of bears!). I'll be coming off the diet on Friday so I'll have a final weigh in then but I'm expecting total loss to be about 25-26lbs. I'll be going back on it in about 6 weeks to lose the same again and then I'll be done

C
Bye bye Racing Walrus

Hello bear runner

Every year we meet old friends, gain some new ones, lose old ones and you always remember them all.
“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” Mahatma Gandhi
andrewsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-13, 07:42 PM   #1626
dirtyred619

Think I need to be getting some of this magic potion!
Old 29-05-13, 05:21 AM   #1627
Berlin

Ok, so I'm off the diet. The will for a Chilli con Carne and a bottle of Stella artois overcome the will to stay on the diet for another 4 days.

Total 20 lbs lost in 21 days. 4, almost 5 belt holes down.

I'll wait the recommended 6 weeks and do it for another 3 weeks to lose the same again.

It was time to come off the diet when the jeans I had to really breath in to fasten three weeks ago literally fell down today as I carried an armful I'd stuff across the farmyard!
Old 29-05-13, 12:10 PM   #1628
arc123

Quote:
Ok, so I'm off the diet. The will for a Chilli con Carne and a bottle of Stella artois overcome the will to stay on the diet for another 4 days.

Total 20 lbs lost in 21 days. 4, almost 5 belt holes down.

I'll wait the recommended 6 weeks and do it for another 3 weeks to lose the same again.

It was time to come off the diet when the jeans I had to really breath in to fasten three weeks ago literally fell down today as I carried an armful I'd stuff across the farmyard!
It would be interesting to have stats on you lean muscle mass pre and post diet.
arc123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-13, 01:30 PM   #1629
Berlin

I'm buying a fancy set of scales this weekend so I'll do that on the next round.
Old 29-05-13, 01:53 PM   #1630
Luckypants
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssexDave View Post
Right experiment time!
Seeing as it's so bloody cheap, I've just purchased a bit.

I'm not particularly overweight (6ft 4 and 14 st 3) but I'd like to be around 12st for that athletic boost and I'm struggling to drop much lower!

Shall report back once it has arrived and I have been using it!
Any word on whether this has worked for you Dave? Has it affected cycling performance?
Snow Plough Appreciation Society - Member #3

Luckypants is offline   Reply With Quote