SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 25-06-12, 08:45 PM   #131
missyburd

Default Re: Do you ride with fear?

Quote:
Originally Posted by agy View Post
Damn I NEED this skill!
Easier to pick up from someone else demonstrating, there's definitely a knack to it. Ask about at Soho and get someone to show ya
Old 27-06-12, 10:05 AM   #132
jamesymurray

Just my tuppence on the original post, I wouldn't say I ride with real fear, but I always ride knowing that I am more vulnerable than any other person on the road. I think the realisation of ones vulnerability is a good thing, it certainly makes me ride with more attention, alertness and sensibility.
I don't know whether it's a natural feeling, or just that I am still a newbie on two wheels and a certain degree of complacency/confidence has yet to set in...

I have a few friends that enjoy playing cat/mouse at a ton-20 on the bypasses around here. Doesn't interest me.
jamesymurray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-12, 12:23 PM   #133
Specialone

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesymurray View Post
Just my tuppence on the original post, I wouldn't say I ride with real fear, but I always ride knowing that I am more vulnerable than any other person on the road. I think the realisation of ones vulnerability is a good thing, it certainly makes me ride with more attention, alertness and sensibility.
I don't know whether it's a natural feeling, or just that I am still a newbie on two wheels and a certain degree of complacency/confidence has yet to set in...

I have a few friends that enjoy playing cat/mouse at a ton-20 on the bypasses around here. Doesn't interest me.
Thats called defensive riding, not a bad way to ride imo, assume every t**t in every other vehicle around you are trying to kill you.

Regarding your mates playing cat and mouse at 120, if they keep doing that, at the very least they will lose their license.
Old 27-06-12, 01:56 PM   #134
agy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesymurray View Post

I'm like you. New and cautious. I ALWAYS assume everyone else is trying to kill me LOL I like to be prepared at all times. Doesn't mean I don't enjoy the ride. I'm just super aware of anything that any idiot could potentially do
Old 27-06-12, 04:17 PM   #135
agy

I thought I'll add I'm over my road surface/pothole paranoia! Two weeks of riding over them to reinstate the confidence back that the bike WILL cope LOL
Not over rain yet tho. Prob cos I haven't been riding in the rain.
Lets hope with each off, the confidence comes back quicker hahaha
Old 28-06-12, 06:33 PM   #136
Mega Poster

I got mangled on Chiswick roundabout, 10mph filtering, nonce to my right didn't see me...so side swiped me and I bounced off another car, bike went down with me on top...broke two ribs, two knuckles, mangled a knee, battered my legs. Got back on a bike a week later and went round Chiswick roundabout again. You have absolutely no control over what is going to happen to you, you can only react in that moment and hope for the best. I don't even think about the worst, I just ride like everyone's out to get me
650 is offline   Reply With Quote