SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

2010 Annual Rideout Discussions & info on the 2010 SV650.org's annual rideout

Old 03-08-10, 01:32 PM   #61
metalangel

Default Re: Doing the rideout?

Just a slightly odd question here... if it is indeed inclement weather and I end up coming with four wheels instead of two, are cars allowed on the rideout? I'd stay right at the back (possibly behind the TEC if that's necessary) just to enjoy the trip. Plus I have a petrol can...
Old 03-08-10, 01:45 PM   #62
Kate Moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalangel View Post
Just a slightly odd question here... if it is indeed inclement weather and I end up coming with four wheels instead of two, are cars allowed on the rideout? I'd stay right at the back (possibly behind the TEC if that's necessary) just to enjoy the trip. Plus I have a petrol can...
I could attach my bike to the back of your car and you can just pull me round then, that would be much easier!
Old 03-08-10, 03:17 PM   #63
-Ralph-

Quote:
Sure nobody would mind a sweeper vehicle! Or a boot to stick their luggage in. And you pay your road tax and your petrol, you can drive behind the ride-out if you want.
Old 03-08-10, 03:21 PM   #64
-Ralph-

My piece of **** Vauxhall Vectra has broken down AGAIN! It feels like it's running on three cylinders and has an engine warning light.

My wife is supposed to take it to France in two weeks, where it was stranded last summer for three months after a breakdown! Depending on what the fault is, I may not trust it to do that journey with my wife and my three year old son on her own, which means I may bring forward buying her a new car by a couple of months - to this weekend! Yep, that'll mean no AR for me I'm afraid.

We'll see it could just be something simple
Old 03-08-10, 03:44 PM   #65
Drew Carey
Not Fizzwheel
Mega Poster

Quote:
I don't think you could be in-front of the TEC, as might make it a little dangerous. However people are more than welcome to follow and be at stops to take photos etc.

To be honest Saturday is looking like some light showers, with it being 20oC. So the roads will be mostly dry during the day I imagine.

Plus Sunday looks glorious for the ride home for most people. So personally always worth bringing the bike.

Hovis RIP Buddy - 13/08/1975 - 03/10/2009
"Feckinnnn Unluckkeeeeeeee"
Drew Carey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-10, 04:21 PM   #66
-Ralph-

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Ralph- View Post
We'll see it could just be something simple
It was simple, a misfire on cylinder 2, knackered spark plug. Can't very well blame the car for that, but it does make me wonder yet again about my full main dealer service history!! I'll go get a whole new set of plugs and drop them in. Car shopping can wait until after the AR.
Old 03-08-10, 04:34 PM   #67
Specialone

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Ralph- View Post
It was simple, a misfire on cylinder 2, knackered spark plug. Can't very well blame the car for that, but it does make me wonder yet again about my full main dealer service history!! I'll go get a whole new set of plugs and drop them in. Car shopping can wait until after the AR.
im glad its not terminal for you Col.

I used to own vauxhalls 12+ years ago, but was very dissapointed with the realiability of the next wave of models from the ones i had.

My bro used to be a rozza and in the stations he was assingned, every single car they had was vauxhall and every single one broke down within a few thousand miles with the same problem, engine management failure (black box thing), it was a common problem but vauxhall swept it under the carpet to keep a lid on it.

I wouldnt buy one now tbh, even if they are all good.
Old 03-08-10, 04:52 PM   #68
gruntygiggles
DaffyGingerBint
Mega Poster

In answer to the question...pretty much as Drew has said. You're more than welcome to take the car, but yes, you'll have to be prepared to stay behind TEC if you can just to make things a bit easier for him. There will be maos of the route with all the stops marked in the leaflets you'll get Friday, so if the TEC manages to get through traffic that you can't, you'll still be able to at least know where you're going.

Dan and I took the Civic on the reccie for AR08 and the look on Fizz's dads face was a picture when we got to one of the stops and he realised we were still right behind them...lol. ALl you could smell was clutch and brakes
Old 03-08-10, 08:15 PM   #69
metalangel

Yeah yeah it's cool... thanks guys. Obviously I do want to come on the bike but if it's going to be much beyond Mildly Moist I will prefer the car.