SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 12-12-06, 09:34 PM   #1
Blue_SV650S

Default Back on a bike

Rode one of my bikes for the first time in about 3.5 weeks .. Thought about it last week, but couldn't be bothered ... (bust me collar bone, (and my hand it would now seem) so not been riding (still shouldn't really )).

What's unusual for me is that I can't say I have overly missed it ... and happy to leave it a couple more weeks (when I am fixed more) before I bother riding again... have I gone off bikes?
Old 12-12-06, 09:43 PM   #2
Law

More like the weather's too s**te to be bothered about biking. I think everyone goes through periods of biking apathy (or is it just me).
Old 12-12-06, 09:45 PM   #3
DarrenSV650S
Mega Poster

Did you enjoy your ride
Personally since my bike went off the road for the winter I've really been missing it. The fun I have on it and the feeling of freedom (I know what a cliche ) There's been a couple of times where I've suddenly thought, I'm bored, I'm going out for a wee bimble.........then remembered

You might not be missing it now in this weather but by next summer, watching all the other bikers out in the sunny weather having fun , you'll soon be hankering again
DarrenSV650S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-06, 09:54 PM   #4
Blue_SV650S

I have ridden year round most days of the week for 16 years ... this is the longest layoff for years ... I have always got itchy after about 3 days before now ... a week and I am gagging ... ... Yet I don't miss it at the mo ...

Agree the weather isn't inspiring ... but its not like I have never done a winter before ... don't really think about it ... it just happens ... bearing in mind most of my riding these days is commuting, I ride just as often/far in the winter as I do summer ...

I can only surmise that I am going off bikes??? ...
Old 12-12-06, 10:03 PM   #5
Beenz

I took my bike out for a blat of about 100 miles over the weekend and can honestly say I enjoyd it a lot.........

But....

...I just long for the dryer warmer weather of spring so that I can 'use' my bike. Some of my favourite roads were knackered, rotting leaves in the middle of the bends making spirited cornering more of a dice than usual. Other puddles and Diesel spills don't add to the best use of my bike either.

I'm not getting the most out of my bike at the moment granted, but I still love to ride it and still really enjoy it. Not too long before things improve again, a few months thats all, and I'll be ready and waiting for FUN.

Enjoy!
Old 12-12-06, 10:11 PM   #6
mac99

I've been off mine for 3 weeks now.

Missed it like mad for the first week, now kind of used to it. What I have noticed is that I've been buying loads of Bike Mags. Didn't buy any for about 5 months, but in the past 2 weeks I've bought Bike, Ride & PB. . It must be like methodone or something.

Was going to fix it last weekend, but by the time I got round to wandering out to the (unpowered) garage, it was getting dark. . Didn't fancy removing the tank by the light of a head torch.
Old 12-12-06, 10:13 PM   #7
valleyboy

How much was the damage for the cam position sensor after Ben ?
Old 12-12-06, 10:15 PM   #8
Blue_SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beenz
Yeah, I deffo 'prefer' the spring/summer but it doesn't make me ride any more ... and I still choose/like to ride in the winter too ...

Think I might just no longer care ...
Old 12-12-06, 10:30 PM   #9
Beenz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_SV650S
Quote:
Yeah, I deffo 'prefer' the spring/summer but it doesn't make me ride any more ... and I still choose/like to ride in the winter too ...
I could not agree more, it's just that I get the chance to unleash a few more of the horses and be a tad more spirited in the better seasons. I just love to be on the bike any time though anyway, just get a tad frustrated that I cannot really use more of its potential.

Pondering getting a winter hack (or putting my old two n arf back on the road, really need more power on main country roads though....

Ben good luck with the bike fix, PM me if you want help.
Old 12-12-06, 10:50 PM   #10
Blue_SV650S

Quote:
I could not agree more, it's just that I get the chance to unleash a few more of the horses and be a tad more spirited in the better seasons. I just love to be on the bike any time though anyway, just get a tad frustrated that I cannot really use more of its potential.

Pondering getting a winter hack (or putting my old two n arf back on the road, really need more power on main country roads though....

Ben good luck with the bike fix, PM me if you want help.
It is nice not to have to worry about the amount of grip available in the summer, that's the worst thing about winter (that and the getting cold and wet ) ... not only do tyres struggle to retain any heat, but there is so much muck on the roads you have to be mind full of that when on a ride ... also the shorter daylight hours suck too!!! ... ok so winter sux!!! But I don't think that is my problem here ...

I am sure I'll get back into it again ... I just need slapping about a bit I think?!?! Any offers!??!!?